One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 16 Ch. 120 - Stop-and-Frisk

Dex-chan lover
Fun JP police facts:

1. They can stop and search you at any time
2. Patrolmen are armed with a Nambu 60 revolver
3. You can be held for 23 days without being charged for a crime
4. They did this multiple times with the ex-Nissan CEO which lead to him smuggling himself out of the country in a box

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh the good ol' stop-and-frisk... Had a buddy who's that type, kept getting ID'd by police because of perpetual stoner face, so he thought it would be a smart idea to start reaching for ID in his inside pocket whenever police started walking towards him. Couldn't understand why his encounters with them after that became more tense until we broke it down for him that they suspected a gun...

There was an interesting thread on quora by a woman who got held in JP in custody because her travel buddy decided it would be a good idea to mess with substances in this country of all places. She described learning the language there, the treatment of her as a foreigner, and eventual release. I lost the thread tho .___.

I wonder what Teiai would do if Ootsuki got got with 23-day "outing" :D

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh the good ol' stop-and-frisk... Had a buddy who's that type, kept getting ID'd by police because of perpetual stoner face, so he thought it would be a smart idea to start reaching for ID in his inside pocket whenever police started walking towards him. Couldn't understand why his encounters with them after that became more tense until we broke it down for him that they suspected a gun...

There was an interesting thread on quora by a woman who got held in JP in custody because her travel buddy decided it would be a good idea to mess with substances in this country of all places. She described learning the language there, the treatment of her as a foreigner, and eventual release. I lost the thread tho .___.

That also makes me wonder-what if someone on an outing got like, hospitalized? Or arrested...? Or even kidnapped??

Dex-chan lover
That also makes me wonder-what if someone on an outing got like, hospitalized? Or arrested...? Or even kidnapped??
Well, kidnapping is easy - Teiai just shows up to knock their block off like they did with losers who tried to get teenage Kazuya. Plus the monitoring team is never too far away - unless it's a freshly-shaven Yanauchi-san with his massive AOE sixth sense (or unless it's Kaiji who needs to break the Bog LMAO)

If hospitalised I imagine it depends on the injury? Like Isawa's wisdom tooth - he was able to get everything done during an outing and is apparently enough of a cyborg to recuperate in a day. Plus Ootsuki who was hit by a car didn't matter to them apparently. If it's something seriously immobilising or contagious - that's probably when enhanced surveillance and coveted Teiai insurance come into play... On a debtor's tab no doubt.

Now if arrested that's a toughie... Policemen are shown here to not bother Teiai, but if Teiai shows up when the arrest of the worker on an outing is already underway how can they interfere without adding to the bucket of the public's suspicion to the corporation? I guess they decide whether it's viable to pull their connections or not and in the meantime hassle the family or cosigners for repayment.

Dex-chan lover

Was it weed? They freak out if it's even an ounce of weed. Celebrities have had to dogeza in front of the cameras if they got caught smoking 🤷‍♂️

That's why we got the supervising blacksuits :)

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this is from the mangaka's own experiences, lol. I'm the type to get approached a lot randomly while I'm out, just yesterday a guy on the subway asked me if he could use my phone to call his friend. I either look trustworthy or naive enough to scam lol. Fortunately I think I've developed a pretty good sense of when I should engage and when I shouldn't. I'm not sure what fashion or accessories or what makes people approach me, but I don't really mind it.

Dex-chan lover
Was it weed? They freak out if it's even an ounce of weed. Celebrities have had to dogeza in front of the cameras if they got caught smoking 🤷‍♂️
I found the og post, it was hash oil and pills... The dumbest possible move to pull in Japan of all places
You can read the blog here By Krista Storer, it's quite a rollercoaster for only 35 days of it all transpiring

Not surprised about celebrities, they got our boy Hideki Taniuchi ._.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this is from the mangaka's own experiences, lol. I'm the type to get approached a lot randomly while I'm out, just yesterday a guy on the subway asked me if he could use my phone to call his friend. I either look trustworthy or naive enough to scam lol. Fortunately I think I've developed a pretty good sense of when I should engage and when I shouldn't. I'm not sure what fashion or accessories or what makes people approach me, but I don't really mind it.
Oh wow. Yeah, I've seen that trick change over the years. Before it was asking if you had the time or if they could borrow your lighter before they robbed you. The phone one is crazy and I hope people don't fall for it.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow. Yeah, I've seen that trick change over the years. Before it was asking if you had the time or if they could borrow your lighter before they robbed you. The phone one is crazy and I hope people don't fall for it.
lol i actually let him borrow it, it felt like he really was desperate. i just made sure to stand next to him in such a way that he couldn't run past me. he made the call and gave me the phone back and even offered to give me some cash for the favor, i said that was fine. so i dunno maybe i luckily dodged some scam but i think the guy really did need to make a call.

Users who are viewing this thread