One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 16 Ch. 124 - Flower-Walking

Dex-chan lover
Ti-Per/Time performance is a term which exists Japanese which zoomers use in place of cost-benefit, but focuses more on time spent rather than total cost (ie. labor, effort, investment, etc.). It also takes into account the use of technology to help you get things done as well the method in which you complete tasks in the future.

Yes. I do feel that zoomers are obsessed with time from the limited interactions I've had with them. Learning Japanese for example, they're much more focused in learning techniques rather than doing the actual work. They talk about flash cards, routines, the amount of time they need to pass the JLPT and how they can use their JP skills in the future. Kind of putting the cart before the horse.
This is my theory without any scientific basis, but this probably explains the scams that exist for zoomers nowadays. Their selling point is life-hacking and getting big gains for little input. Stuff like gambling, crypto, gacha where you spend a little money for 10 pulls and one pull is a guaranteed rare. Steroids so you look good on tiktok/insta. Those manosphere courses where you pay $18000 for a week training camp where you do marine stuff. I don't know, I hope they make it out.

Watching movies and youtube at 1.5x-2x is also something I've tried. It makes a lot of sense but I just can't do it because everything's so jump-cut these days, and most youtube vids are often less than 10mins anyway. Reading the spoilers before watching a movie is new to me. I stayed off the internet for a whole week when the Game and Thrones finale and Avengers: Endgame came out at the same time and I'm glad i did that

Dex-chan lover
The zoomer demon blacksuit returns! I really like his dynamic with the rest of the cast. Lessons like "enjoy your time and don't rush" is so fundamental to Ootsuki and friends' philosophy that they don't get explicitly explored without some instigator coming in~

Btw, I think there's a minor typo on page 9 - should be "we're not penny-pinching to save on the bus fare", right?

Aggregator gang
Not sure if this is completely relevant but if there's a light novel or manga I'll generally read that instead instead watching of the anime because it's faster.

And I do my cardio with my dailies while watching videos.

Dex-chan lover
Adding a complete zoomer to the cast is such incredible potential for more insane gags and goofs. Really cannot wait to see where Suga's wild ride goes.
Suga's probably inspired by one of his Gen Z assistants lol

The zoomer demon blacksuit returns! I really like his dynamic with the rest of the cast. Lessons like "enjoy your time and don't rush" is so fundamental to Ootsuki and friends' philosophy that they don't get explicitly explored without some instigator coming in~

Btw, I think there's a minor typo on page 9 - should be "we're not penny-pinching to save on the bus fare", right?
Uh oh, I see what happened here.
"It's not that...we're penny pinching to save on the bus fare"
This is a run on sentence which could be interpreted as two clauses so while the translation is accurate, ultimately it's a bad one because of its ambiguity. I'll change "that" to "like" when I can get back on the computer 👍

Not sure if this is completely relevant but if there's a light novel or manga I'll generally read that instead instead watching of the anime because it's faster.

And I do my cardio with my dailies while watching videos.
Oh yeah. I do these chapters with a video or podcast in the background or else I lose all sense of time.

Fed-Kun's army
Slow down you crazy child, you're so ambitious for a juvenile. But then if you're so smart tell me why are you still so afraid. Where's the fire, what's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Dex-chan lover
Ti-Per/Time performance is a term which exists Japanese which zoomers use in place of cost-benefit, but focuses more on time spent rather than total cost (ie. labor, effort, investment, etc.). It also takes into account the use of technology to help you get things done as well the method in which you complete tasks in the future.

Yes. I do feel that zoomers are obsessed with time from the limited interactions I've had with them. Learning Japanese for example, they're much more focused in learning techniques rather than doing the actual work. They talk about flash cards, routines, the amount of time they need to pass the JLPT and how they can use their JP skills in the future. Kind of putting the cart before the horse.
This is my theory without any scientific basis, but this probably explains the scams that exist for zoomers nowadays. Their selling point is life-hacking and getting big gains for little input. Stuff like gambling, crypto, gacha where you spend a little money for 10 pulls and one pull is a guaranteed rare. Steroids so you look good on tiktok/insta. Those manosphere courses where you pay $18000 for a week training camp where you do marine stuff. I don't know, I hope they make it out.

Watching movies and youtube at 1.5x-2x is also something I've tried. It makes a lot of sense but I just can't do it because everything's so jump-cut these days, and most youtube vids are often less than 10mins anyway. Reading the spoilers before watching a movie is new to me. I stayed off the internet for a whole week when the Game and Thrones finale and Avengers: Endgame came out at the same time and I'm glad i did that

Between this and Hell Golf teaching me Papapa (papa performance) FKMT is teaching me all kind of weird japanese zoomer lingo

Dex-chan lover
Dude I freakin love Suga-san lmaoooo
Up to this point, the manga felt like eating a relaxing bbq and getting all mellow from it; Gasu's introduction feels like somebody showing up with freshly squeezed ice-cold lemonade :D

Come to think of it, his character reminds me of Ichijou if he didn't have Murakami there for him to slow him down with that grindset - and also if he didn't have any personal reservations about being a Teiai drone but instead had an energy drink addiction or something. Makes sense why he's in Kurosaki's faction because as you've said - those zoomers who are all aboard efficiency train are the easiest to scam or rope into something.

Dex-chan lover
Dude I freakin love Suga-san lmaoooo
Up to this point, the manga felt like eating a relaxing bbq and getting all mellow from it; Gasu's introduction feels like somebody showing up with freshly squeezed ice-cold lemonade :D

Come to think of it, his character reminds me of Ichijou if he didn't have Murakami there for him to slow him down with that grindset - and also if he didn't have any personal reservations about being a Teiai drone but instead had an energy drink addiction or something. Makes sense why he's in Kurosaki's faction because as you've said - those zoomers who are all aboard efficiency train are the easiest to scam or rope into something.
Absolutely. It's too friendly here in this manga and Foreman keeps winning the main battles like an overpowered shounen MC. He'll probably win over Suga in the end but in the interim I like the interactions.
I also agree with your Ichijou point. The thing I like about that manga is that there's more focus on his insecurities and anxieties as a dude in his 20s moving into his 30s and turning into the ruthless Teiai pitboss. I'm no longer that age but I can see people like Dreamy relating to it quite a bit

The moment i read Brain rot Girlfriend and failed to understand anything she said, i understood that it was bussin skibidi joever, type shit, fr fr no cap

L in the chat, type shit
No kidding (cap), I was reading this earlier. Half of the zoomers read this and think it's cringe while the other half loves it.
I don't know. One of the things that's entertaining to me lately are the two manga that we both actively follow here which kind of have the same subject matter, and how they get triggered by it. They're like degenerates with clearly drawn lines which they won't cross but excuse everything else that happens within them.

Double-page supporter
Ok there is some sort of logic behind Suga's actions, but reading spoilers before the movie is unhinged. I really like how much of a polar opposite he is to Ootsuki, there's a great dynamic there already. Thanks for the great chapter!!

Fri

Supporter
Ok there is some sort of logic behind Suga's actions, but reading spoilers before the movie is unhinged. I really like how much of a polar opposite he is to Ootsuki, there's a great dynamic there already. Thanks for the great chapter!!
On slightly related note, I vaguely remember some research from a while back that say spoiler can enhance your enjoyment of a media, and I can see that. I mean, obviously it depends, if a media is say, a murder mystery story where the enjoyment depending on you not knowing who the murderer is, you probably don't want to know it, but I can see how knowing a media's story beforehand make you second-guess less, know where to focus your attention, etc (or obviously you can just watch/read the media twice, but who have time for that :V)

Double-page supporter
Having a young hothead in the cast adds a lot of fun new possible dynamics! Maybe it's because I'm juuuuuust a little too old to be considered in the zoomer range, I sort of agree, sort of disagree with Suga's talking points.

Users who are viewing this thread