One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 17 Ch. 128 - Long-Serving

Dex-chan lover
The character of Manabu Agatsuma doesn't seem to be based on anyone (at least I know of). The movies don't exist either.
Japan is big but the actors and celebrities all go to Tokyo to film their movies and J-Drama. It's not unsual to see someone famous by chance. This kind of happens all the time when you go to Hong Kong. It's practically one big city with a limited amount of malls and convention centers. I've seen the cameras film tv-dramas a few times back when I lived there as well just walking around.

Dex-chan lover
Neat chapter~ Surprising that they used a real (great) movie but then had a wholly fake actor with a fake filmography. I guess if they wanted to make Ootsuki influence him, it'd be weird to make it like, fanfic about someone real lol.

I found this scenario very relatable. Every situation where I've seen a celebrity, I've always psyched myself out of saying anything. I kinda regret it later but at least I didn't upset them... Exceptions are like, microniche celebrities at video game tournaments, where typically I can come up with some reason to say hi, and artists I meet at Comiket or other conventions, where I manage to convey my feelings in childlike Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
From my undestanding, the vast majority of successful actors and minor celebrities prefer to be treated as normal people when they're just going about their day trying to enjoy normal stuff. Overall a natural interaction and passing acknowledgement is the sort that most appreciate, since it means you recognized them but chose to respect their personal space. It's very exhausting to have to deal with fans interfering with your daily life

Dex-chan lover
From my undestanding, the vast majority of successful actors and minor celebrities prefer to be treated as normal people when they're just going about their day trying to enjoy normal stuff. Overall a natural interaction and passing acknowledgement is the sort that most appreciate, since it means you recognized them but chose to respect their personal space. It's very exhausting to have to deal with fans interfering with your daily life
Must be pretty different when it's a fading stardom..

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this is one of the reasons why Andre 3000 no longer raps

And now that he is on his flute arc people are more casual with him, while everyone else probably don't even recognize him and he can go around with his flute undisturbed

Dex-chan lover
Aw, such a heartwarming chapter~ really shows how Ootsuki's words strike one's soul even when said clumsily if he really means it
I'm a bit "lucky" in having insanely poor face recognition so, despite getting to hang out around celebs as a kid due to mom's work, I never even clocked that pesky adults around me were people from TV. Mom once got to approach one of them (known to be a flamboyant loud show host) wanting to tell her she's a big fan and the lady tiredly whispered to her "could you kindly not?". I'd never recover from something like that haha

HCO

Dex-chan lover
Mbappe (the footballer) has said before he wishes he wasn't so famous. It's one thing to be a bit famous, it's another to be recognized literally everywhere you go. Imagine not being able to escape attention even if you fly to another part of the world entirely. I'm sure once the novelty of being a superstar wears off (probably only takes like a week, tbh) it's like a waking nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread