One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 17 Ch. 130 - Tracking

Dex-chan lover
Monjya/Monjayaki is a type of Japanese pan-fried batter, popular in the Kantō region, similar to okonomiyaki, but using different liquid ingredients.

images

Sanctuary is a Netflix series about a kid entering the sumo world.

Around this time, they held a Twitter poll for everyone's favorite chapters.
https://x.com/hancho_YM/status/1662836125034254341/photo/1
  1. chp 42: Bourbon Draft
  2. chp 85: The New Year's Party where the Foremen got drunk
  3. chp 44: Ootsuki goes on a late-night binge
  4. chp 3: Ootsuki visits his old neighborhood and Chinese Restaurant he often ate at as a struggling student
  5. chp 50: The Underground hears news of Yanauchi possibly getting transferred
  6. chp 9: Ootsuki catches a cold on his outing
  7. chp 72: Numakawa, Ootsuki and Miyamoto revisit their old blogs
  8. chp 6: Ootsuki meets his match on an outing where someone has the same tastes as him
  9. chp 1: Ootsuki goes on an outing and orders lunch+beer in front of office workers
  10. chp 16: The three of them go on an outing to an onsen to rejuvenate
  11. chp 17: the first summit
  12. chp 53: Makita makes his debut showing them around the museum
  13. chp 4: Miyamoto becomes friends with Ootsuki
  14. chp 54: Ootsuki gets double-booked and is instead upgraded to a luxury suite
  15. chp 58: the boys discuss the order of how to eat yakiniku, and what role food plays in their lives
  16. chp 102: Ootsuki and the gang set up an impromptu Oden stall for Makita's kids to spend the new year
  17. chp 106: Ootsuki picks up sketching

Dex-chan lover
fun chapter, I liked the genre switch to a low-stakes mystery and Suga being a reluctant ally.

I'd also put the Bourbon Draft among my favorite chapters. Not just cause of the chapter itself, but because it led me to try a bunch of the Bourbon products they featured... and I love em :)

Dex-chan lover
The mission to un-Teiaify Miyamoto nears its completion according to the schedule xD poor guy, I can't
And poor Suga for having to witness it LMAO
Miyamoto never stood the chance against Ootsuki anyways, the Argentinian backbreaker was the foreman going easy on him :D

Dex-chan lover
Miyamoto is cute again in this one! He's the cutest character in Foreman, actually.
Anyways, Yanauchi's transfer is my favorite so far.

Edit:
Woah, wait, I've caught up!!
Thanks so much for the scanlation! I had a blast reading this one– SoL and gourmet manga are both favorite genres of mine, and this series excels at both. Who woulda thunk from a random spinoff of a series I haven't read!?
I actually checked this series out for the first time about a year ago. I trawl the cooking tag on mangadex religiously and give most things a little laste, but since the first chapter is less about food and more about some old guy doing random stuff in a room I was like, "What the heck??" And didn't go further LOL I'm glad Jokyo Seikatsuroku Ichijo looped me back into this series, because it's so much more than that!
It's impressive on the author's part that somebody almost completely uninitiated on his work can come in and thoroughly enjoy this spinoff. I guess it just speaks to how well he can pick and weave relatable threads from everyday life into an entertaining story, even in spite of the ridiculous premise.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Miyamoto is cute again in this one! He's the cutest character in Foreman, actually.
Anyways, Yanauchi's transfer is my favorite so far.

Edit:
Woah, wait, I've caught up!!
Thanks so much for the scanlation! I had a blast reading this one– SoL and gourmet manga are both favorite genres of mine, and this series excels at both. Who woulda thunk from a random spinoff of a series I haven't read!?
I actually checked this series out for the first time about a year ago. I trawl the cooking tag on mangadex religiously and give most things a little laste, but since the first chapter is less about food and more about some old guy doing random stuff in a room I was like, "What the heck??" And didn't go further LOL I'm glad Jokyo Seikatsuroku Ichijo looped me back into this series, because it's so much more than that!
It's impressive on the author's part that somebody almost completely uninitiated on his work can come in and thoroughly enjoy this spinoff. I guess it just speaks to how well he can pick and weave relatable threads from everyday life into an entertaining story, even in spite of the ridiculous premise.
2.5 days, that's a blazing pace. I myself read vol. 2-17 over a month and finally decided to translate it during the December break last year, and 7 months later we've come full circle nearing the end of vol.17. We're almost all caught up to the latest chapters: 20 left ahead and chp. 1-9 behind. It was actually this chapter (130) which cemented my decision to translate it because 'The Hangover' is funny as hell, and chp.113 (Big Daddy) sparked my interest at the start.
My other favorite chapters are Kimura-san's (21/22/103), Bran-Kawa (36/37), Love Stories (41), Walking Tour w/Makita (49), Chaos (85) and the Yanauchi chapters :)

I sometimes think about how people discover Foreman but I never thought that people would find it via the tags. Normally it's fans of Kaiji and Akagi, or the 2-3 people who add this to the reading lists after a new chapter shows up on the front page.

Anyway, I highly recommend watching and reading "Tonegawa", which was written by the same mangaka as Ichijou and Foreman. the first 10 chapters of Foreman have been adapted in it. You can also watch the first season of Kaiji if you want the context or to understand the in-jokes. S2 is the one where Ichijou comes in.
Other anime I recommend with the adult-y/SOL theme is "Sleepy princess in demon castle" and "Africa Salaryman"

Dex-chan lover
2.5 days, that's a blazing pace. I myself read vol. 2-17 over a month and finally decided to translate it during the December break last year, and 7 months later we've come full circle nearing the end of vol.17. We're almost all caught up to the latest chapters: 20 left ahead and chp. 1-9 behind. It was actually this chapter (130) which cemented my decision to translate it because 'The Hangover' is funny as hell, and chp.113 (Big Daddy) sparked my interest at the start.
My other favorite chapters are Kimura-san's (21/22/103), Bran-Kawa (36/37), Love Stories (41), Walking Tour w/Makita (49), Chaos (85) and the Yanauchi chapters :)

I sometimes think about how people discover Foreman but I never thought that people would find it via the tags. Normally it's fans of Kaiji and Akagi, or the 2-3 people who add this to the reading lists after a new chapter shows up on the front page.

Anyway, I highly recommend watching and reading "Tonegawa", which was written by the same mangaka as Ichijou and Foreman. the first 10 chapters of Foreman have been adapted in it. You can also watch the first season of Kaiji if you want the context or to understand the in-jokes. S2 is the one where Ichijou comes in.
Other anime I recommend with the adult-y/SOL theme is "Sleepy princess in demon castle" and "Africa Salaryman"
Can't be helped, it was too fun to put down! And woah, Bran-kawa, add that to my list of favorites too... It was really charming seeing him find a passion. The various chapters emphasizing the value of a hobby that fires you up are all great, now that I think about it.

You've definitely got your finger on the pulse of my taste here because those are both series I've already watched/read LOL. I've been keeping up with Sleepy Princess in particular for years (did CLDR for a couple chaps too) and I hope it never ends. So out of your recs, it looks like it'll be Tonegawa next! And likely some Kaiji as well, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread