Mapo TofuCashew nut and Chicken stir fryXiao Long Bao

Sea Bream Soup
Grilled Shitake Mushrooms
mapo-tofu-in-bowl-thumbnail.jpg
189_1608721337.png
x-is-for-xiao-long-bao--stockland-a-to-z-of-mmmm.ashx
preview.asp
60ecd8b5-40b2-41ca-8b7c-2682c041b574.jpg

Coming up next: a two-parter closes out the volume.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I cackled a bit at pigeon dissing. Your translation just never misses :D

Also I begin to wonder whether foremen actually receive discounts on one-day passes? Or is their salary that much higher? Otherwise the math isn't really mathing even with chinchiro winnings considered, plus he often eats special menu in the underground diner, plus with perica to yen conversion rate in mind he's eating and traveling quite a lot. It would also make sense given that foremen need to restock the goods they sell.

And given that Ootsuki receives his special dice only a year prior to Kaiji pt 2 - does that mean he's a natural-born talent at playing chinchiro to earn this much?

Maybe there's a special agreement for the foremen to where they just agree to stay underground indefinitely on their position and so no perica earned goes towards their debt?

Dex-chan lover
I cackled a bit at pigeon dissing. Your translation just never misses :D

Also I begin to wonder whether foremen actually receive discounts on one-day passes? Or is their salary that much higher? Otherwise the math isn't really mathing even with chinchiro winnings considered, plus he often eats special menu in the underground diner, plus with perica to yen conversion rate in mind he's eating and traveling quite a lot. It would also make sense given that foremen need to restock the goods they sell.

And given that Ootsuki receives his special dice only a year prior to Kaiji pt 2 - does that mean he's a natural-born talent at playing chinchiro to earn this much?

Maybe there's a special agreement for the foremen to where they just agree to stay underground indefinitely on their position and so no perica earned goes towards their debt?
Oh thanks :)
That did happen in the anime didn't it? He makes them wait extra long between games so they get the urge to play it. I can't explain how he gets so much money, but I do get the feeling that he doesn't necessarily want to leave the underground like Kimura. He's got work, housing and whenever he wants to go outside he instantly gets teleported anywhere in Japan. Very handy.

Users who are viewing this thread