One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 9 Ch. 66 - Going To Tokyo

Dex-chan lover
I'm not entirely sure how to deal with dialects in translations for manga. In chp.31 when Kuroki first came down into the underground, I may have gone overboard with the speech. I didn't like that much at the time so I dialed back just a bit this time...and it's probably okay. I read in the scanlation thread in /a/ that some people really don't like default to the Deep-South, 'country bumpkin' speech whenever someone from, say, Osaka gets introduced (ie. Azumanga Daioh), but at the same time there are times when you need to use it like here.

Omotesando is a luxury apartment and high street area in Ginza.

omotesando-hills_gdl-770x578.jpg

gazet was a marketplace in Miyazaki

43591-500x257.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I really like this choice for the accent in translation, it really suits specifically Numakawa for whatever reason

This is a very wholesome chapter, I love how this manga (and Ichijō's to some extent) takes us all
on a journey outside, almost making it seem like we're the ones stuck underground, living through some sort of huge Teiai psyop

Dex-chan lover
I really like this choice for the accent in translation, it really suits specifically Numakawa for whatever reason

This is a very wholesome chapter, I love how this manga (and Ichijō's to some extent) takes us all
on a journey outside, almost making it seem like we're the ones stuck underground, living through some sort of huge Teiai psyop
I thought the same thing when I watched Tonegawa. Work is the underground, 1-day outing is the weekend where you don't do OT

Dex-chan lover
Glad Numakawa recognized his pretense and started having a good time! I've had that complex sometimes when people come to visit Toronto. I want to act cool and calm in part because I want them to be confident that I know what we're doing and I know that we're gonna have a good time, but also because I want to seem cool myself... like oh wow this is exciting to you? This is the big city? Heheh, yeah, I get it, but this is all standard to me. I also worry that if I hype stuff up too much, it might end up disappointing (it is only Toronto lol) or maybe that I'm coming across as bragging (cause I live here and they're just visiting).

At the end of the day, though, the most fun is when I work past all of these complexes and just fully enjoy myself!

Users who are viewing this thread