One Day Outing Foreman - Vol. 9 Ch. 67 - Iron Man

Dex-chan lover
On pg.3, Miyamoto says that Kawai is a former Pachinko Pro. A Pachi-pro is someone who makes money from pachinko rather than playing for fun, and they do this by sharing strats and learning how the machines work to maximise their chances of winning. Some examples are playing during promotional periods of newly released machines with enhanced odds, knowing when a machine is hot, using skill-shots to place the balls where they want, etc.

Soba. Very versatile and very much appreciated in Japan. You can eat it hot or cold, in noodle form with hot soup or chilled with cold dipping soup in the summer. Eating it cold lets you feel the textures and hardness of the noodles better, I personally think cold foods are more flavorsome. The soba which comes in a cup means you can choose how wet your soba is before you eat it (by dunking it), then you can drink the rest of the soup.

pg.17, Yanauchi-san pours a cup of sake for Foreman while asking him for a favor, and you see Numakawa and Isawa sweat. Drinking etiquette in Japan: pouring between business partners where the senior pours for the junior, the junior should immediately offer to pour back. Foreman doesn't get the chance to do it before he leaves though, so I guess he's sort of forced to look after Kawai now. I believe most of the time the senior initiates this.

Also, note the sweater he's wearing. It has the number '0' on it while in chp.38 (In Tokyo), it had the number '24'.

Dex-chan lover
A nice sentimental chapter... this series doesn't just understand the joys of food, but also the joys of discussing food and working through the details and subtleties of why it's good. I hope we get some more chapters following the growth of his successor. Maybe his pachinko skills will transfer to a willingness to experiment and improve in cooking?

If you're curious about pachinko pros, Fukumoto has an old series about one that's pretty interesting: https://mangadex.org/title/7eae750a-7cff-427d-8a25-43c1d8a89e39/rude-39

Dex-chan lover
A nice sentimental chapter... this series doesn't just understand the joys of food, but also the joys of discussing food and working through the details and subtleties of why it's good. I hope we get some more chapters following the growth of his successor. Maybe his pachinko skills will transfer to a willingness to experiment and improve in cooking?

If you're curious about pachinko pros, Fukumoto has an old series about one that's pretty interesting: https://mangadex.org/title/7eae750a-7cff-427d-8a25-43c1d8a89e39/rude-39
Oh my god, that's some old-school FKMT right there judging by the art style. Whoa~

Dex-chan lover
What a sweet chapter... Every time Yanauchi-san appears I get the urge to bow to him. He's just an A+ guy in all regards and most importantly - a human being. I also love the cooking tips, too

Thank you for the additional notes, that kinda thing about etiquette would easily be lost on a foreigner.

Dex-chan lover

Duuude that manga is a trip and a half haha thank you

Dex-chan lover
What a sweet chapter... Every time Yanauchi-san appears I get the urge to bow to him. He's just an A+ guy in all regards and most importantly - a human being. I also love the cooking tips, too

Thank you for the additional notes, that kinda thing about etiquette would easily be lost on a foreigner.
I learned my lesson from the Kyushu chapter. These notes are imperative or else a lot of the context is lost on a lot of people :)

Double-page supporter
It's Yanauchover...

APDwryn.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Hanging with Yanauchi!!! I'd read a cooking spinoff of a spinoff about him... Teach me your ways!
I really think the blacksuits are so cute haha. It's charming every time we learn there's a guy with an interior life in that suit.

Users who are viewing this thread