ONE PIECE LIVE ACTION THOUGHTS

Dex-chan lover
Well… I did not like it… It’s a good advancement in the quality of anime live action adaptions…
But, I wish this would’ve been so much better… Truly It broke my heart, I let my guard down, and held optimism.
Episode 3-4 my heart started falling, 5-6 I was just wallowing, and halfway through 7 I skipped to 8 and just didn’t look back… I mean, the setting and characters, the actors are good… just… The Music, the way they botched a perfect story for no reason… They ruined emotional moments, and tried to add their own…
But… it’s a start… I just hope… idk, to be honest… But, if Oda is happy… God Bless him, cuz I will not give that series a second look. Manga and Anime for life. Makes me value the pacing of the anime actually, cuz some moments just dragged on, and on, and on, and on…
What’s worse is… I know I complain a lot, and it sounds like I went in without hope… But, I woke up early, had some popcorn and a soda ready… I was shaking last night in excitement… I was thinking “Finally!”… Then like halfway through episode 3 I unintentionally turned off the tv, and went to my ipad…
I really wanted to be happy, I stuck through the first 4 episodes, I thought the opening 2 were good… I just couldn’t take it anymore… And now I’m just… sad… that I waited this long… 180ed to happy and was so excited, to just be… gored open…
But, as everyone says, I’m overcritical, I complain a lot, I should “Enjoy the Disappointments or I’ll never be happy”… I just love One Piece, it’s been a part of my life for six years… I see it as one of the best stories ever made… It inspired me, it made me happy, it emboldened me… And it was Half-way good, I promise you there’re things I enjoyed… They just weren’t enough…
At least it’ll bring in new fans at least… sighs in defeat and retreats to couch But, hey, as long as I have netflix, I can watch “Heart of Gold” and Film Gold tomorrow… Yeah! And rewatch one piece again! Maybe I can piece together Anime Episodes, cut some filler here and there, and just sit back and enjoy…
I could go on and on, but... Idk, what do ya'll think about it? It looked nice, the characters the sets, the outfits (Save Arlong who looked awful)...
I mean... Youtubers were all saying "Believability" and all that, but not even that was the issue... I wanted to love it so bad...
Being generous... 6/10...

Dex-chan lover
Well… I did not like it… It’s a good advancement in the quality of anime live action adaptions…
But, I wish this would’ve been so much better… Truly It broke my heart, I let my guard down, and held optimism.
Episode 3-4 my heart started falling, 5-6 I was just wallowing, and halfway through 7 I skipped to 8 and just didn’t look back… I mean, the setting and characters, the actors are good… just… The Music, the way they botched a perfect story for no reason… They ruined emotional moments, and tried to add their own…
But… it’s a start… I just hope… idk, to be honest… But, if Oda is happy… God Bless him, cuz I will not give that series a second look. Manga and Anime for life. Makes me value the pacing of the anime actually, cuz some moments just dragged on, and on, and on, and on…
What’s worse is… I know I complain a lot, and it sounds like I went in without hope… But, I woke up early, had some popcorn and a soda ready… I was shaking last night in excitement… I was thinking “Finally!”… Then like halfway through episode 3 I unintentionally turned off the tv, and went to my ipad…
I really wanted to be happy, I stuck through the first 4 episodes, I thought the opening 2 were good… I just couldn’t take it anymore… And now I’m just… sad… that I waited this long… 180ed to happy and was so excited, to just be… gored open…
But, as everyone says, I’m overcritical, I complain a lot, I should “Enjoy the Disappointments or I’ll never be happy”… I just love One Piece, it’s been a part of my life for six years… I see it as one of the best stories ever made… It inspired me, it made me happy, it emboldened me… And it was Half-way good, I promise you there’re things I enjoyed… They just weren’t enough…
At least it’ll bring in new fans at least… sighs in defeat and retreats to couch But, hey, as long as I have netflix, I can watch “Heart of Gold” and Film Gold tomorrow… Yeah! And rewatch one piece again! Maybe I can piece together Anime Episodes, cut some filler here and there, and just sit back and enjoy…
I could go on and on, but... Idk, what do ya'll think about it? It looked nice, the characters the sets, the outfits (Save Arlong who looked awful)...
I mean... Youtubers were all saying "Believability" and all that, but not even that was the issue... I wanted to love it so bad...
Being generous... 6/10...
true bro:meguuusad:

Not a fan of live action anime at all and the hype around it didn’t really cloud my opinion about it because they always do this when a Netflix’s adaptation come out, but I’m being a little skeptical now, I’m pretty sure it’s definitely not like the Death Note’s but well it seems I’ll have to make an opinion of my own

Dex-chan lover
Live Action port is best for One Piece. CG and all is already amazing these days.

Dex-chan lover
Netflix Adaptation has ill repute but since Netflix got the money and are scummy they thought they can win in the long run by crumminess.

Not a fan of live action anime at all and the hype around it didn’t really cloud my opinion about it because they always do this when a Netflix’s adaptation come out, but I’m being a little skeptical now, I’m pretty sure it’s definitely not like the Death Note’s but well it seems I’ll have to make an opinion of my own

Users who are viewing this thread