Onee-sama to Watashi: Ojou-sama ga Isekai Tensei - Vol. 2 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
I only just realised that they're their own branch with Hinako as it's head. I kept wondering why Elis should become head of the clan after Hinako's death but now it makes sense.

Maybe a translator note for "anego" would be appropriate since it's probably not as well known as stuff like onii-san, onee-sama or otou-san

Dex-chan lover
From that legend though, I just find it off to alienate Elis the way they do. If they don't want to "awaken the calamity", I would think it would be in their best interest to be on her good side, even if she does. Not spoil her rotten, mind you. But I don't get what they think antagonizing and shunning her will do. I can understand what the others who tried to kill her were aiming for, at least; no Elis, no calamity, no problem. Except they messed up.

Liveliest might be crude, but from the exchange here, at least he's honest.

Last edited:
Group Leader
From that legend though, I just find it off to alienate Elis the way they do. If they don't want to "awaken the calamity", I would think it would be in their b est interest to be on her good side, even if she does. Not spoil her rotten, mind you. But I don't get what they think antagonizing and shunning her will do. I can understand what the others who tried to kill her were aiming for, at least; no Elis, no calamity, no problem. Except they messed up.
I don't think we really know how well-known the legend is, or if it is well-known how many people actually think it's Elis. Sonin didn't seem to know until dad told him.

Fed-Kun's army
From that legend though, I just find it off to alienate Elis the way they do. If they don't want to "awaken the calamity", I would think it would be in their best interest to be on her good side, even if she does. Not spoil her rotten, mind you. But I don't get what they think antagonizing and shunning her will do. I can understand what the others who tried to kill her were aiming for, at least; no Elis, no calamity, no problem. Except they messed up.

Liveliest might be crude, but from the exchange here, at least he's honest.
I don't think they are alienating Elis though? As you said, Liveliest is crude, but he's honest. He's trying to beat some sense into Elis that actually said "these guys don't care about Onee-sama or me". But at least he does care as seen by his suggestion to throw a proper welcome party. Elis isn't accepting the other giants because of past trauma (or maybe she picked up on wisest giant) and Liveliest is just crude in trying to get her to understand to open up. I think he understands why the onee-sama is doing all this and respects her.
Now if the others care, we don't know since we only see the 2 giants. Wisest at least is playing along with the goal to passivefy the "shadow" leading "whitest". Rather, I think Elis doesn't know the story considering her old clan didn't care for her and tried to kill her. She seems to be wrongly associating the taboo "White" with bad. Since that made her the target of attack by her old clan. When as Carla was going to point out it most likely means something completely different. Most likely it's a Taboo because only certain types of giants are allowed to be named as such (aka It seems to refer to "God", and it's taboo to call yourself "God" unless you're "God"). The new clan probably doesn't see naming her as Whitest Giant as the same as how Elis takes it.
P.S. Also Thank you for going over these chapters again. I see what you mean with the difficult of JP->CN-EN and losing meaning. This chapter in particular compared to the first scanlation group lost a lot of meaning you brought back.

Last edited:
I see an undertone to the talk between the wisest and Hinako. Giants are pillagers, but this clan (probably has to) plays nice (because they want to keep Elis passive). Hinako's the culprit behind this: Hinako forced giants into proper behavior. So the power dynamic between Hinako and Wisest is reverse of what it seems - Hinako's the more powerful one even when she's being carefully respectful.

So Wisest is in fact asking "Why do you keep doing this (respectful playacting when you hold all the power)?" to which Hinako replies she will not be around forever (and she wants the clan to keep the decent act even when she's not around anymore).

Also Hinako dying earlier than Elis - it's not only a lifespan difference. Hinako expects her revenge to consume her. Wisest picks on this and tells her to stop destroying herself. Hinako refuses.

Wisest is actually quite wise. :)
Be-con is an exceptional storyteller... in addition to being an awesome artist.

Thank you for the translation. Goon Squad has my respect for introducing me to this manga, but this translation really shined in this chapter.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thank you for the tl, im enjoying this even more this time
(thank you goon squad also)

Dex-chan lover
I like how Liveliest view Hinako as more of a Giant than Elis. He respects her extremely and gets mad when Elis acts the way she does. Wisest however sees the bigger picture; Hinako is a "Shadow" to Elis' "Whitest". Unlike conventional understanding, the Whitest follows the Shadow instead of the other way around. So if they mess up with Hinako, it could bring the end.

He wants Hinako to give up her revenge quest because 1. He wants to return to the old ways and 2. He wants to avoid calamity from appearing. But Hinako refuses.

Double-page supporter
Gotta say.
The girl is a Giant for sure.
She's damned scary.

Users who are viewing this thread