Onimomogatari - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

complete gibberish
If it's complete gibberish, why don't you try translating it yourself?Instead of saying it's gibberish, why don't you study Japanese by yourself and memorize all 1000+ characters (which is considered the minimum amount you need to be fluent.) along with the knowledge of how the language forms sentences and be able to smoothly translate the dialogues in English. And don't say that you're also a JLT because someone who studied Japanese wouldn't be as ignorant as you and would comment which part was "gibberish" and give advice on how to improve the dialogues. Japanese is hard enough as it is, but it's also harder to translate a story that uses an old dialect. Though I'd doubt you'd be able to comprehend that.
Feels a little MTL, but the typesetting is great and I’m just happy to see more of this cute series.

Fed-Kun's army
If it's complete gibberish, why don't you try translating it yourself?Instead of saying it's gibberish, why don't you study Japanese by yourself and memorize all 1000+ characters (which is considered the minimum amount you need to be fluent.) along with the knowledge of how the language forms sentences and be able to smoothly translate the dialogues in English. And don't say that you're also a JLT because someone who studied Japanese wouldn't be as ignorant as you and would comment which part was "gibberish" and give advice on how to improve the dialogues. Japanese is hard enough as it is, but it's also harder to translate a story that uses an old dialect. Though I'd doubt you'd be able to comprehend that.

none of this group's uploads should be considered english translations if this series is representative of their skill level. i don't need to be an expert in construction to tell you a building that fell over after a light spring breeze was poorly built.

none of this group's uploads should be considered english translations if this series is representative of their skill level. i don't need to be an expert in construction to tell you a building that fell over after a light spring breeze was poorly built.
And I don't need to be an expert in saying that this is a FREE service they provide for other people to read which includes their time dedicated to learning the language and actually rewriting the story in English. If you don't like it, you could simply tell them how to improve it instead of criticizing the translation without further explanation in your original comment.

Fed-Kun's army
And I don't need to be an expert in saying that this is a FREE service they provide for other people to read which includes their time dedicated to learning the language and actually rewriting the story in English. If you don't like it, you could simply tell them how to improve it instead of criticizing the translation without further explanation in your original comment.
"it's free, so you have to sit back and take it!"
No.

Users who are viewing this thread