Only I Know That the World Will End - Vol. 5 Ch. 31

Contributor
Been a while since the last rewind.
I'm surprised it's not abused a lot more. Most stories with death rewind goes for hundreds of restarts.

Dex-chan lover
Been a while since the last rewind.
I'm surprised it's not abused a lot more. Most stories with death rewind goes for hundreds of restarts.
The story tries to convey the severity of death, so the characters would never really think to intentionally kill themselves to "exploit the system"... That being said, the fact that the MC became a hardened, action movie star so quickly is a bit BS, imo. Screams of lack of consideration from the author's side.
That is, the story plays off 'death' as something terrible to be avoided, the MC even anguishes over the death of his partner -- but it never personally affect the MC's mentality, it's as if the MC is outside of the problems the author is imposing on other characters.

I think it's a pretty good RP setting, though. personally, I would make each death have sanity-cost, and the gruesomeness of death, as well as who killed you, would affect the penalty (I.E: if you killed yourself, that's a massive hit to sanity you cannot take back).

Dex-chan lover
The story tries to convey the severity of death, so the characters would never really think to intentionally kill themselves to "exploit the system"... That being said, the fact that the MC became a hardened, action movie star so quickly is a bit BS, imo. Screams of lack of consideration from the author's side.
That is, the story plays off 'death' as something terrible to be avoided, the MC even anguishes over the death of his partner -- but it never personally affect the MC's mentality, it's as if the MC is outside of the problems the author is imposing on other characters.

I think it's a pretty good RP setting, though. personally, I would make each death have sanity-cost, and the gruesomeness of death, as well as who killed you, would affect the penalty (I.E: if you killed yourself, that's a massive hit to sanity you cannot take back).
That's a very good analysis IMO, put into words what I was just thinking as well.

Thanks for the translations rightdark, this one seemed improved.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the girl is either gonna be his motivation, or dead end for his growth.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation
soo it does look like the Dullahan has a head? i am pretty sure it shouldnt?

Users who are viewing this thread