Ookami-kun wa Hayakawa-san ni Katenai - Ch. 4 - The Pride of the Proud Wolf

Dex-chan lover
@GeeKay Page 5 the word "horrible" is misspelled. Hey man thanks for translating this series. While yes there are some authors that despise having their work translated through unofficial means but at the same time it helps spread awareness to how great of content they produce to the western audience. If scanlators like yourselves didn't exist then certain series would not get as big as they are now. Appreciate the message and hopefully the author does well in the future.

Power Uploader
Don't worry, translator-san. Translating unlicensed, untranslated series from lesser known artists does more good than harm. People not knowing Japanese wouldn't read them otherwise. And webcomics like this one benefits from every click it's got. Just need to encourage readers to check out the raw and leave a supporting comment.

Aggregator gang
Something tells me if Hayakawa's mother isn't just some ordinary woman who hates dogs, she's either a Van Helsing type character who hunts mythical beings, such as werewolves, or she's a werecat of sorts and her werecat gene (possibly) skipped her daughter.

Contributor
How funny would be if there wasn't any catch and she treats the MC badly just because she is a terrible person, right?

Can't say what you should do morally, but I appreciate the translations so far. This series is super cute.

Power Uploader
You know what, It was a cute story. The more eyes on a story the more popular it gets and the more likely the creator gets success. I think in the long run you've helped.

Group Leader
idk if it helps, but in my opinion if something's freely distributed (like on twitter or pixiv or something), then TL away. they weren't making any money off it anyway, and it's publicity. best you can do is like... ask first, but even then you don't really have to. but at the end of the day, everyone decides for themselves what they think is going too far (and I also translate manga that you have to buy too, so take my advice with a grain of salt).

anyway, this manga was almost pointlessly short but I thought the girl was kinda cute. the guy I think could use some work. I don't even mean they'd have to make him less of a loser or fuck-up, maybe just make it a little more funny? it's pretty clear the punchline is supposed to be that his "wolf" form sucks ass, so if they could work on the comedic timing a little, they could be onto something. I'd definitely consider reading it when it continues.

Contributor
@GeeKay thnx for the translation. I know what you mean to convey, that fan translations feels like stealing from the mangaka. However this is a best way of publicity for them before the manga official gets translated to English. It helps build a following among the people which helps it when it officially releases in English. And for manga published on Pixiv and Twitter or somewhere similar, this is the best kind of publicity. And since it's free it doesn't seems that bad to translate it for people outside of Japan to enjoy it.

In the end it all up to you and the author, if you want to continue the translation you can probably get in contact with the author through Twitter. And in my past few experiences the author is more than glad to give you the permission, since it was free to being with. And it makes the author really happy that he has an audience outside of Japan. So ya go ahead, if you still feel conflicted ask the author, do what you feels best. And thnx again for the translation ♥️

Dex-chan lover
for me its still a grey zone but since the raw are free to read i dont think its that wrong for anyone to scanlate it , thanks for the chapter

Users who are viewing this thread