Ookii Kouhai wa Suki Desu ka? - Vol. 4 Ch. 52.5 - The Big (Kouhai) Also Receives a Happy End

Dex-chan lover
I can't say I enjoyed this one that much. Everything just felt a little off. The early chapters felt rushed, like they ended too soon and didn't explore the scenes they set up enough. The jokes were not very funny. I like the character designs and the concept, but most sweet scenes are either interrupted or abruptly end before coming to their full potential. The final arc was very annoying to read. The big sister, the guy's complex and past trauma related to his stature, the ridiculous "test" and the family member gauntlet (it felt so silly and unbelievable), it's all shoe-horned in at the last minute. That kind of finale works if you build up to it, but there's barely been any hint at him having a serious complex about his size up until the last arc. Sure, he complains about it a little, but not the point where it seems like he's genuinely afraid of getting into a relationship. In fact, everything seems to be going swimmingly between him and the kouhai most of the time. It's not the worst manga ever, but it frustrated me so many times while reading it.

I'm not a big fan of romances where they got "They're together now so it's over" but I'm glad we got the little where are they now segment

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoyed this though the ending feels rushed. Mom and Rinko suddenly supporting Nee-San after cheering for and helping sakura didn't make since. I think Nee-san coming in was always planned, notice she has long black hair and seems to be the kind of girl he said he liked. This really feels like the work of axe-kun.

Dex-chan lover
That moment when you were so busy making a million cliche scenes that fall flat and fail to create any proper buildup resulting in a rushed unintelligible final arc. Honestly it had so much promise but was completely ruined by the fact that their height difference is barely even acknowledged except for when the author wants to suddenly shove it into everyone's faces like it's some big deal, this manga suffers from a serious lack of consistency.

Users who are viewing this thread