Orcsen Oukoku Shi ~Yaban na Orc no Kuni wa, Ikanishite Heiwa na Elf no Kuni o Yakiharau ni Itatta ka~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Is this going to be a some sort of civilization reverse?

Like the Orcs that was a savage now is civilized, rising from their own fall and become a strong nation.

And the White Elves, since there is no enemies for them to fight they decided to be racist against another Elves.

Double-page supporter
Ethical cleansing comes into mind.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's a typo lmao.

I thought the White Elves were the Nazi people?
Again, prediction on my part. Years of dealing with that particular subset of people who are really weirdly into military and historical details (but only the ones pertaining to Rome, the crusades, and the autocratic military regimes of the early to mid 20th century). You know the ones. I've seen the kind of "art" they tend to produce, and this has that stink alll over it. Could be totally mistaken of course.

But if this series goes on to be about how great this supreme german military leader orc mary sue is as he uses his amazing tactical genius to punish those catoonishly evil white elves, well I told you so.

That's the thing about fascists. When they put a militaristic dictator in power, strip away rights, and start committing genocides, they see it all as acts of self defense. In their mind, they're the good guys. So when they write a story, they make up a scenario where all those actions are justified. I'd love to have my expectations subverted.

Fed-Kun's army
Welp i knew from the start when i see orc and elves manga that means the elves is savage barbarian and orc is kind gentleman in this series. Turns out i was right (the white elves at least)🤣

Dex-chan lover
Ooo nice twist I hope the rumors they heard about them being lustful and w.e were all lies made by humans and elves so they wouldn't ally with each other.
It’s probably real.
If I’m not mistaken, Gustav is the first king. Dineru met him before in battlefield nearly 8 decades ago and they’re still more barbarian than now. So he did the reforms in less than a century. And rather than lustful, they’re more of glutton who need a lot of food. Other race are not afraid of being raped, they're afraid of getting eaten literally. One of the dark elves later commented on how the orcs have developed refrigeration spell and logistic system to distribute goods exactly because orcs need a lot of food. That combination allows them to produce and then deliver the food across their kingdom.

If the pigmen / orcs society is based on a clear social hierarchy, a leader with near-absolute power, suppressed opposition and supreme military interests ---- and then that's never questioned. THEN I think pro-fascism complaints make sense.
They’re militaristic country for sure.
This is from chapter 3,
After talking more to Gustav and seeing how the country operates, she realised the country itself is moved by military. All of Gustav’s closest aides are the members of General Staff HQ (a concept they adopted from human hero they faced during battle 6 decades ago). Meanwhile, their military complex are always ready for full scale war against the elves, and what would surely come after that, war with human kingdoms. Right now they have friendly relationship with human, but if war breaks out, they know they must be ready.

The elves have sensed a high magic capacity in Gustav. Which raises the question, does this mean that many Orc soldiers are now mages, having gained knowledge from human reincarnations? He also can control weather if you read closely at page 50 :
If I don’t misread, Gustav later told Dinerus that magic and physical strength barely count these days. It’s already the era of steel and gunpowder. Magic is integrated into technology in their world.

As for the manga itself, the art quality is good, the artist is definitely experienced.
Nogami is one of those military-genre manga artists, especially world war era stuffs. Had drawn airplanes, tanks, warships, and flying loli in panties.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kinda crazy how everyone immediately jumped at comparing this to WW2 and Nazis. This manga seems much more like WW1 with its pointlessness and intra-country genocides, and honestly even that's not a great comparison.

The muskets look Napoleonic, a lot of the designs look late Russian Empire and Prussian, and the warfare looks early 19th century. Plus the story so far seems like partisans fighting against their own government before fleeing to a hostile neighbor not currently at war.

TL;DR: This manga is a mix of several different time periods and peoples, cause it's building it's own settting. Maybe there will be more parallels with the World Wars later on, but right now it's just an interesting premise that needs time to breathe and develop.
Mfw these internet gerbils only know muh "WW2 OMG ITS LITERALLY WW2!! HAVE YOU HEARD OF WW2 BEFORE THIS IS LITERALLY THAT FR FR"

Dex-chan lover
THIS SHIT LOOKS SO PEAK 🔥 I need this shit translated cause I aint boutta dig the dirt to find the novel of this

Lanjutin gan, continue this manga translation, and thank you for your service.

Dex-chan lover
So WW1 german orcs and it kinda looks like WW1 british racist white elves. Dark elves kinda feel more american, but mostly cuz of the guns. Also page 44 has a beastman officer? Can't wait for the comment section to be an absolute shitshow as they talk about ideologies while knowing nothing about them at all.

Dex-chan lover
A fantasy story without swords and magics?
The midland truly has fallen
there is magic, the dark elf mentioned it when she met the orc king, also "fantasy" doesn't mean that it has to have swords and magic, if there are fantasy creatures, it's enough to be called a fantasy. (like elves)

there are many sub-genre of fantasy, but they are only used for novels, in other forms of entertainment (manga, anime, movies, shows, games) it's just fantasy and it includes all the sub-genres.

Dex-chan lover
there is magic, the dark elf mentioned it when she met the orc king, also "fantasy" doesn't mean that it has to have swords and magic, if there are fantasy creatures, it's enough to be called a fantasy. (like elves)

there are many sub-genre of fantasy, but they are only used for novels, in other forms of entertainment (manga, anime, movies, shows, games) it's just fantasy and it includes all the sub-genres.
So the midland has not fallen
Millions must learn spellcast
Billions even
artworks-nN5MWRrdnNjxI9D0-0ytKLQ-t500x500.jpg

Kinda crazy how everyone immediately jumped at comparing this to WW2 and Nazis. This manga seems much more like WW1 with its pointlessness and intra-country genocides, and honestly even that's not a great comparison.

The muskets look Napoleonic, a lot of the designs look late Russian Empire and Prussian, and the warfare looks early 19th century. Plus the story so far seems like partisans fighting against their own government before fleeing to a hostile neighbor not currently at war.

TL;DR: This manga is a mix of several different time periods and peoples, cause it's building it's own settting. Maybe there will be more parallels with the World Wars later on, but right now it's just an interesting premise that needs time to breathe and develop.
Exactly, let's see if it breathes on its own and see how it takes in elements of the real world instead of just immediately slapping comparison labels on it

Fed-Kun's army
If I'm allowed to say, it's quite interesting. I don't want to relate the story here with some real world histories, at least for now. I think of it as its own story and not some fiction replica with a wishful ending of what should have happened.

The theme is likely based even before world war 1. Likely based more on the Russo japanese war seeing that the white elves are wearing tsarist Russian themed clothing and the bad piggies wearing Meiji era uniforms

To all those saying oh WW2 stand in or that the elves represent Nazis.
No
They are quite obviously Imperial Russia doing pogroms as they did.

Dex-chan lover
Nazi elves, and noble orcs. Half expected them to be stand-ins for imperialism and/or capitalism. Would be interesting if that is the case later on as a twist.

As for the translation, it read nice 👍
Textbook TVtropes definition of Fantastic Racism(tm) in just the first 20 pages. I lol'd heartily but inside I am empty and tired; I hope to find more moments to laugh again, or at least for this to honor it's solemn premise without being too preachy and becoming unbearably absurd.

The theme is likely based even before world war 1. Likely based more on the Russo japanese war seeing that the white elves are wearing tsarist Russian themed clothing and the bad piggies wearing Meiji era uniforms
Damn, now I know I'm eating good tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread