Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Ch. 68 - Kodoku

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

"Survival of the fittest" technically is the main concept of Kodoku - to make the best one rise to the top.
Though I have to say, pitting poisonous creatures against each other is just creating the scenario of the 'frog in a small pond'.
The one who survives the kodoku might be the best amongst those it defeated but once that 'top creature' gets out of the kodoku/basket, it doesn't mean it will be the strongest within the outside world.
Even the most venomous cobra can be killed and eaten by a non-venomous/poisonous creature like the mongoose after all.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

"Survival of the fittest" technically is the main concept of Kodoku - to make the best one rise to the top.
Though I have to say, pitting poisonous creatures against each other is just creating the scenario of the 'frog in a small pond'.
The one who survives the kodoku might be the best amongst those it defeated but once that 'top creature' gets out of the kodoku/basket, it doesn't mean it will be the strongest within the outside world.
Even the most venomous cobra can be killed and eaten by a non-venomous/poisonous creature like the mongoose after all.
Pretty sure Kudoku is more mysticism than anything else, realistically speaking it don't actually makes sense or work, but there's the entire culture and folklore behind it, wasn't it originally used by like sorceres or something?

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure Kudoku is more mysticism than anything else, realistically speaking it don't actually makes sense or work, but there's the entire culture and folklore behind it, wasn't it originally used by like sorceres or something?
Yeah, I predominantly see them in those with the onmyouji characters/concepts. I think this was also in the game Ku-On.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I predominantly see them in those with the onmyouji characters/concepts. I think this was also in the game Ku-On.
Or if it don't outright has onmyouji characters and concept, Kudoku is basically used as the Asian version of battle royale or a survival of the fittest situation.

One day I'll play Ku-On lol

Dex-chan lover
Or if it don't outright has onmyouji characters and concept, Kudoku is basically used as the Asian version of battle royale or a survival of the fittest situation.

One day I'll play Ku-On lol
It has that same feel as fatal frame 2, well because it is also a PS2 game. Not sure how good it really is but it might be worth checking out just because it was an attempt by FromSoft on a horror game (and a nice take on the onmyouji hype back then)

Dex-chan lover
It has that same feel as fatal frame 2, well because it is also a PS2 game. Not sure how good it really is but it might be worth checking out just because it was an attempt by FromSoft on a horror game (and a nice take on the onmyouji hype back then)
Being made by FromSoftware is pretty much only reason to try it lol, otherwise it never looked particularly interesting, unfortunately

Dex-chan lover
Being made by FromSoftware is pretty much only reason to try it lol, otherwise it never looked particularly interesting, unfortunately
True - from what I read, it is not even well-received even in Japan but it is indeed a breath of fresh air if you look at current landscape of games in this era.

Users who are viewing this thread