Ore no Shibou Flag ga Todomaru Tokoro wo Shiranai

Everytime I find something like this which has an extreme potential to subvert the genre or go fully into a mindset I get disappointed time and time again this is a LN and it’s written like one feels bad man

Group Leader
@ThisMe They addressed that, (Volume 3 Major Spoiler)
Justus manipulated the ruling so that he holds Harold's life in his hand. And there's no chance for Harold to assassinate him and not get caught. Plus Harold couldn't be sure Justus already has what cards prepared beforehand, and he knows from game experience, the final boss, Justus cannot be defeated solo. IIRC he did spent all those years investigating him. Remember, he still want to live, he's not gonna throw away his life to save the world or something, he wants to help save the world so that he can survive. He is willing to save someone if it's in his power to do so however.

@GreeneValley I mean before that.
He could've went to the capital undercover. By going to the knights he basically announced himself to Justus as if "Hey I'm here come and get me". If he had such a shill for the game he should've known where Justus his lab is and also that he'd be capable of manipulating the higher ups.
I stopped reading at chapter 67 or so and the author hasn't mention exactly how he holds Harold's life in his hand. Is it a kill switch? Is it some slave contract where Harold can't harm him? We're still before the game, so Justus shouldn't be an unkillable demon yet. The Stellar Tribe should also play a major role in Justus's research or else there would be no reason to actually intervene for Harold. Harold is supposed to be the "strongest knight in the world", he could just kill Justus and announce how Justus manipulated the higher ups and he even has evidence for it. When Cody questioned Finnegan, he flipped and smacked his head against the wall, which is enough of an indicator that he was blackmailed.

And let's not forget, he already started using that one sword. So he has apparently already limited lifespan so why should he waste his time if he's going to die anyway.

Harold should already know that everything is not exactly as in the game. There is no guarantee that Justus can't be killed solo.

I just feel like so many aspects are either left out or not mentioned because it would ruin the "death flag hero" plot.

Edit: Or finish the story too fast.

Group Leader
@ThisMe
You're saying as if it's easy to go undercover into a guarded state building to kill someone without getting caught, being a kid at that. Like you said, it's still before the game story starts, so he doesn't know everything for these parts. He only knows the bits and pieces from the game lore, flavor text and flashback scenes. It's more comfortable for him to setup the scenarios to play out as the game story that he knows inside out for that much much higher success chance.

"he flipped and smacked his head against the wall", no that's not just blackmail, that's obviously some kind of mind control failsafe that prevents leak. Which gave a hint on how Justus manipulated the higher ups, so what use would the evidence do, if he even manage to get it. As for the sword, Harold has been saying it doesn't actually work like what Justus said, so I guess its true effect will be revealed eventually.

@GreeneValley
You can use the brainwashing against him. Vincent and Cody already felt like it was weird for Harold to be sentenced for execution. The info Cody got out of Finnegan was that "that person" thinks Harold is too dangerous. Using that, Cody and Vincent could investigate the higher ups and find a common ground. If all of them react like Finnegan, then they should be able to invalidate the ruling under the pretense that the judges we're being manipulated or blackmailed. And what are the higher ups going to do? Vincent is supposed to be the strongest knight at that time. The fact that nothing has happened in those 5 years is a major plot hole in my opinion.

Also we don't know how guarded the research facility is. And it's not like Justus never leaves the facility too. In chapter 61 it is mentioned that Justus leaves the facility to report his progress to the royal castle. The fact that the author loves to shill Harold's speed, if he were to assassinate Justus, he could easily escape.

Group Leader
@ThisMe Book 4, 5 spoilers
Book 4 spoilers: During the 5 years, Harold did setup the mercenary group Cody was supposed to form when he left the knights, as well as secretly sabotaging Justus’ plans. Spoiler for Book 5, it’s revealed Vincent is under control of Justus, which explains why he’s one of the game’s boss, similar to Harold. And then there’s a plot twist on the exact nature and extent of the brainwashing/mind control. Also, his speed doesn’t mean he won’t be seen lol

Imagine reading from Unlimited Scans, ew.

-This post was made by the Kirei Cake gang

@xiazixin
The novel was pretty good. It's one of my favorite isekai. It's too bad author-san gets burnt out a lot though

What is with that Weird layout with a massive white border in between on the first chapter?.
I have no frigging idea on how to even read it

Liked the manga so went to go read the web novel - sometimes the fan translation has awkward phrasing or weird sentence structure but it was a pretty gripping read. Highly recommend it if you like the story so far.

The author is good at writing situations where different characters all have imperfect knowledge, so while yes there are misunderstandings for days, it makes the worldbuilding feel very established.

Kind of curious to see how the manga will convey the mindgames (or perceived mindgames lol)

Group Leader
@darknessblade that's the manga format. Manga is designed to be read in book form and horizontal screens, the white border in the middle is for the book folding 📖 and the panelings are designed around that. The official raw combined the raw pages like that, tho for subsequent chapters, the scanlators separated the pages, so it's only like that for the first chapter. But yeah it's intended to be read that way.

@GreeneValley

He can just wear a mask. Or clothes that cover his features.

And has it been mention what Cody did in those 5 years? Was he just lazily lying around after being promoted for 5 years and brainwashed too? He completely ignored the incident with Finnegan and just said "fuck this I'm out"? Cody was even the one that went as far as to use a truth serum on a judge. I wouldn't think a person like that would magically stop.

I still would think that the game would mention Justus being able to brainwash people. The game coincidentally not mentioning story devices as important as brainwashing others sounds very improbable to me. And someone who fanatically plays a story game should also be interested enough to know these details.

@zypex 5 chapter per year, of cause he will. The author isn't having difficulty in life, he just want to spent most of his time chasing idols instead of writing novels.
Idols must end. Except adults idols.

@xiazixin
Yeah, I remember like two-three years ago or something visiting this obscure japanese website to support that vtuber he liked. Man, time sure flies.

@Nogoodimaginativename The thing is that she is pushing her own entitled ideals onto someone she's never met before and grading him as it be should be this pious and altruistic person. Her sense of right and wrong isn't bad, but she lacks any sort of tact and realistic mindset.
It's fine for a child, but a child with an understanding that their every action could influence how their territory is treated, throwing a tantrum and slapping the son of the family that is in the position to aid you is suicidal and narrow-mimded. And then Yuno is just an enabler. She could have just advised Erica to mind herself, but she lets her barge into the Stokes and start acting up.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Users who are viewing this thread