Ore wa Subete o “Parry” Suru ~Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Manga can be hard to love, pt 2:
”it was that buffalo.” I‘ve never found being mentally disabled to be a compelling foundation for a protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Manga can be hard to love, pt 2:
”it was that buffalo.” I‘ve never found being mentally disabled to be a compelling foundation for a protagonist.
Right.
Some commenters have tried to defend that he lacks common sense so it was only "a buffalo" to him. Which is less of a threat than a common goblin in his mind. Stupid, but let's focus on the "buffalo" itself.
It was as tall as a small house. And wielded a proportionally huge axe. And took down several knights. And came out "the maze".
Anyone who thinks that it was a random buffalo doesn't lack common sense, he's braindead stupid.

Dex-chan lover
Right.
Some commenters have tried to defend that he lacks common sense so it was only "a buffalo" to him. Which is less of a threat than a common goblin in his mind. Stupid, but let's focus on the "buffalo" itself.
It was as tall as a small house. And wielded a proportionally huge axe. And took down several knights. And came out "the maze".
Anyone who thinks that it was a random buffalo doesn't lack common sense, he's braindead stupid.
Yeah, this is far beyond lacking common sense, I agree. I guess there’s a possibility that there is a translation issue cuz the English is definitely wonky but, I found it unreadable, regardless.

Dex-chan lover
@Wyrm Well, he said that if you have no talent you should have overwhelming strength and he has it, although maybe he meant it in the other way. Then, there is another question: Why did he hide him killing the monster? Because it would be pretty fucking lame, if he killed a monster, which requires S-ranked party to hunt it, by himself and showed it to the guild, and they went with: "You have no skills, trash, fuck off!". Although i i've written that, I understand that it is most likely our dearly loved cliche of retarded guild with inefficient and unbending rules and equally retarded mc who does some shit just to drive the plot.
So basically, the author wants a competent guild, and OP MC but also make him unable to level up...

And the answer is to make the MC so stupid he doesn't realize he's good enough to be an adventurer...

Like, those requirements were probably because most people just aren't strong enough at the start and let's be real, the vast majority of strong people probably gain those skills easily.

Our MC is just a weird exception and breaks the world's logic....

But even then, it's honestly just bad writing for the sake of it...

This series would work better if it just started off with him being weak and growing rather than making him OP.

Like, he's not allowed to be an adventurer because he's too weak, but he keeps on picking up skills and gaining abilities that over time help him grow strong enough to be elite, but because he never used them in combat and because they were individually weak, he doesn't realize it until later....

But no, the author wants an OP MC that's just too f***ing mentally retarded...

Dex-chan lover
It was too big to be called a sword. Massive, thick, heavy, and far too rough. Indeed, it was a heap of raw iron.

Dex-chan lover
this mc is beyond retarded. and beyond disrespectful. if he was seen cleaning the gutters with that sword gifted to him by the king even he wouldn't be able to parry that immediate execution order.

Dex-chan lover
So...

His dad died when he was "little"

His mom died when he was TWELVE so he absolutely had some chance to grow after the age of 12, even if his mama gave him stupid pills every day with a bowl of dumbshits for breakfast.

So, he goes out to the "adventure guild school" or whatever, and while there (and this is important)

HE TALKED TO AT LEAST ONE PERSON ON THE ENTIRE PLANET

In the space between 12 and whatever age he is now (presumably 13), he has spoken to at least ONE single human in his life.
We've seem him speak to some people, while working, but at some point he actually spoke to authority figures in this "Guild" thingy.

So.
He KNOWS, in the first chapter, what the armour of the Empire looks like!
So he knows she isn't a maid.
He knows that the "Buffalo" was called a Minotaur.
He knows it is an S-rank.
He knows that he should refuse any gift (because: Japan, even though literally the rest of the planet earth isn't like that, so why the fuck would any body else do that useless shit?), and then take the final reward.
He knows how not to speak to nobility, even if he doesn't know how to say "Thank you, sir" (see how hard that is? Saying "sir" at the end? It's so difficult.)

But somehow, he suddenly doesn’t know these things.

My only guess is that the person writing this thinks that YOU, the person reading this, is a fucking retard.

This writer thinks you're a dumb fucking idiot who can't even walk and breathe at the same time, because you are just So FUCKING STUPID.

And that feels pretty insulting, honestly; makes it hard to enjoy the story when the writer keeps assuming I'm fucking dumb, and throws it in my face over and over.

Now I'm confident that the translations are jumbled or downright confusing. There were sentences that I had to rewrite in my head of what the characters were saying. Safe to say that I'll need to find another translation group that translates this manga.

So...

His dad died when he was "little"

His mom died when he was TWELVE so he absolutely had some chance to grow after the age of 12, even if his mama gave him stupid pills every day with a bowl of dumbshits for breakfast.

So, he goes out to the "adventure guild school" or whatever, and while there (and this is important)

HE TALKED TO AT LEAST ONE PERSON ON THE ENTIRE PLANET

In the space between 12 and whatever age he is now (presumably 13), he has spoken to at least ONE single human in his life.
We've seem him speak to some people, while working, but at some point he actually spoke to authority figures in this "Guild" thingy.

So.
He KNOWS, in the first chapter, what the armour of the Empire looks like!
So he knows she isn't a maid.
He knows that the "Buffalo" was called a Minotaur.
He knows it is an S-rank.
He knows that he should refuse any gift (because: Japan, even though literally the rest of the planet earth isn't like that, so why the fuck would any body else do that useless shit?), and then take the final reward.
He knows how not to speak to nobility, even if he doesn't know how to say "Thank you, sir" (see how hard that is? Saying "sir" at the end? It's so difficult.)

But somehow, he suddenly doesn’t know these things.

My only guess is that the person writing this thinks that YOU, the person reading this, is a fucking retard.

This writer thinks you're a dumb fucking idiot who can't even walk and breathe at the same time, because you are just So FUCKING STUPID.

And that feels pretty insulting, honestly; makes it hard to enjoy the story when the writer keeps assuming I'm fucking dumb, and throws it in my face over and over.
I also think that part of how confused I was while reading is that parts of the speech bubbles are not translated properly, no... not structured properly. I had to rewrite in my head the actual sentence in the speech bubbles which further confused me. It's best to say that the problem is the translations group couldn't translate and structure the sentences properly. Since the interactions of the characters affect how readers understand the story. So I'll read it in a different translation group instead of reading this one.

Dex-chan lover
I also think that part of how confused I was... <snip>
Yeah, big time; following this shit is muy dificìl

<snip>... So I'll read it in a different translation group instead of reading this one.
Is there another group translating this?
I haven't scrolled through the endless amounts of trash aggregators to see if one has a different TL; I'd love to know if you've found one in English.

Is there another group translating this?
I haven't scrolled through the endless amounts of trash aggregators to see if one has a different TL; I'd love to know if you've found one in English.

Idk, so far my method of finding another group is searching the title of the manga and then comparing and contrasting the first chap's english translation. If it's different, it must be a different translation group; if not, then continue searching other sites. I know it's a premature kind of method but it gets the job done (Sometimes)
Also, there is the introduction that most TL groups use themselves on the 1st pages or the last pages. It doesn't take to long to do it but it is kind of annoying sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
Idk, so far my method of finding another group is searching the title of the manga and then comparing and contrasting the first chap's english translation. If it's different, it must be a different translation group; if not, then continue searching other sites. I know it's a premature kind of method but it gets the job done (Sometimes)
Also, there is the introduction that most TL groups use themselves on the 1st pages or the last pages. It doesn't take to long to do it but it is kind of annoying sometimes.
Yeah, I generally check the first page, to see if it's just a rip; they nearly always are.

I just figured I'd ask in case somebody knew one

Yeah, I generally check the first page, to see if it's just a rip; they nearly always are.

I just figured I'd ask in case somebody knew one
There are a few TL Groups but even the most reliable group tends to have a busy schedule or more often than not Focuses on the popular ones that make them profit or maybe has a contract signed to them to translate a particular manga thus having less time to work on others. Or it could be me, thinking it that way. I don't know how they work but at least they still spare some time translating ongoing manga that they left behind, kudos to them if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread