ORV - missing volume numbers

Dex-chan lover
Omniscient reader's viewpoint has physical releases with the original/English release already amounting to 5/9 volumes as per Wikipedia. However, neither Yen Press (english release) nor Naver (original release) go into much detail about the contents of those (doesn't help that I don't speak Korean) apart from the page count.
I started to do some digging, searching for owners of physical copies or rips thereof, to find out which webtoon episodes translate to which volume. I thought I might post this now already, in case anyone else has some useful information and / or to keep track of findings.

Someone on the ORV discord (claiming they own the Korean version) said the following:
Vol 1 covers chapter 1-9
Vol 2 covers chapter 10-18
This also correlates with the preview pages for volumes 2 and 3 available on Amazon. Thus it'd stand to reason to assume 9 (+1/prologue for volume 1?) episodes per volume, although some more validation would be nice...

On another note given these publications, the "read or buy" section should probably be updated as well, but I'm not quite sure what the go-to stores are in that regard. Otherwise, I'd have looked for some links and filed a corresponding report...

Power Uploader
One of the mods can correct me, but I believe all data improvement based upon the novels would only reflect in the book version of ORV. If you would please file a report for some of the missing information (like links and such) this would still greatly improve the page

Power Uploader
On another note given these publications, the "read or buy" section should probably be updated as well, but I'm not quite sure what the go-to stores are in that regard. Otherwise, I'd have looked for some links and filed a corresponding report...
Just an Amazon link works :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
based upon the novels would only reflect in the book version
I was under the impression that the physical copies were simple collections of episodes from webtoon. Or at least it seems more closely based on webtoon than the original web-/lightnovel.
If there are, in fact, differences between webtoon and the physical version, wouldn't the links consequently belong on the book version title page?

Power Uploader
I was under the impression that the physical copies were simple collections of episodes from webtoon. Or at least it seems more closely based on webtoon than the original web-/lightnovel.
Typically, book versions of webtoons have some amount in editing in them. I don't own a copy of ORV so I can't say for certain, but I have seen in book versions for other series where chapter 2 contains chapters 2 and 3 of the webtoon. (Also, paged reading is way different from longstrip but that's another discussion.)
If there are, in fact, differences between webtoon and the physical version, wouldn't the links consequently belong on the book version title page?
Yep, and that page still needs links:thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
have some amount in editing in them. I don't own a copy of ORV so I can't say for certain
I happen to live close to a big library, so I think I'll just go take a look these days... :huh:
Edit I've got occupied with Uni earlier than I expected so I'll postpone this for now, but it remains on my to-do list. (also the online catalogue states they're still waiting for volume 4 to arrive so...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread