Oshibana! - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
And taking her message at face value, thankfully also not a mom yet.
Great, since you pointed that out, I'm more inclined to believe that this manga's going to go off the rails. As an old wizard, I know better than to take women at face value.

Dex-chan lover
Still waiting for the hammer to fall on this story. It's even put the mains' not-really-going-anywhere-fast relationship on a holding pattern.

I also get a feeling that Marika is up for a bit of slow-but-steady improvement... Or she's going to self-destruct. Or, most likely, a combination.

Dex-chan lover
IKR!! Why is there a Marika side arc to begin with!? :huh: Let's get to the MCs
I realize the author is building the groundwork for how things are going to go but I can't help but feel as though they forgot who the two main characters are meant to be
pretty sure she mentioned they are her favorite characters, so i think we'll see more focus on them for now. at least until they come to an understanding or maybe even go out for real.

Dex-chan lover
I usually don't mind side characters getting development and main focus for a bit but I simply just cannot find it in me to care about Marika.

And the fact that the 2 most likeable characters in here are now stuck in limbo until we're done with her arc is very annoying

Group Leader
Marika was always the main character and also the only remotely interesting character in this incredibly weird, increasingly somewhat homophobic and/or sexist shitshow (Sawa defending sexual harassment as "teasing" is sadly 100% on brand for her). Marika is the only reason this manga isn't a complete snoozefest and yet people here hate her because she doesn't like the male characters. Personally I hope she ditches all these losers, not that that has a remote chance of happening of course.

Dex-chan lover
Marika was always the main character and also the only remotely interesting character in this incredibly weird, increasingly somewhat homophobic and/or sexist shitshow (Sawa defending sexual harassment as "teasing" is sadly 100% on brand for her). Marika is the only reason this manga isn't a complete snoozefest and yet people here hate her because she doesn't like the male characters. Personally I hope she ditches all these losers, not that that has a remote chance of happening of course.
People don't like her because she's a selfish bitch. She's using a guy that she knows likes her as an emotional tampon and constantly angst over her unrequited love. You say she should ditch everyone? Please everyone should ditch her. There's barely anything likeable about her.

Dex-chan lover
Very clearly, based on not only these comments but also other comments, you are just plain wrong.

The vast majority of people find her the boring waste. Then you come in fanning all over her and saying herp derp, she's the only reason this isn't a snoozefest.

I don't care if you like her. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. But you can't even look around to see that you are in a minority, that most other people don't like her.

Dex-chan lover
Basically it's like this:

We came to this "Pizza Restaurant" to eat pizza, not hamburgers.

But the cook is forcing us to eat the damn hamburger, even though it's not what we came for.

Give us our damn pizza and stop trying to shove something we didn't ask for down our throat.

Group Leader
We came to this "Pizza Restaurant" to eat pizza, not hamburgers.

But the cook is forcing us to eat the damn hamburger, even though it's not what we came for.
I'm not particularly a fan of this story arc either, in case you can't tell. I just find it funny how everyone here is like "give me more of the 'main couple'" when the main couple is the same exact "bland male audience self-insert and bland perfect waifu" you can find in literally thousands of other romcoms.
I don't care if you like her. Your opinion doesn't matter to me. But you can't even look around to see that you are in a minority, that most other people don't like her.
Oh I'm well aware that I'm in the minority among the readership on this website. That just gives me further confidence that I'm right. Maybe you haven't noticed but this website, particularly fans of het male-led romcoms, tend to be extremely misogynist and homophobic. It's not a coincidence that MD gives hate to every single lesbian side character in a het romcom manga, not just Marika.
People don't like her because she's a selfish bitch. She's using a guy that she knows likes her as an emotional tampon and constantly angst over her unrequited love. You say she should ditch everyone? Please everyone should ditch her. There's barely anything likeable about her.
Every single character in this manga is selfish and stupid. The entire reason Marika is in this self-destructive spiral is because Sawa refuses to understand her and keeps dragging her into Sawa's romantic drama despite having been told explicitly that Marika is in love with her. In this chapter her reaction to Marika dating a guy -- a guy she had explicitly rejected before, mind you -- isn't "I wonder what's going on with her" but rather "Yay Marika finally has a boyfriend :) I should tell her to stop hanging out with me now :)" Marika's "boyfriend" is completely aware of the entirety of Marika's situation, knows for a fact she's using him, and plays into it because it means he gets to fuck her. Oota is generally useless as he always is. And yet mysteriously the only one of these characters who gets raging hate on MD is the lesbian. Gee I wonder why.

Users who are viewing this thread