Ossan, Yuusha to Maou wo Hirou - Ch. 14

Fed-Kun's army
Are you sure its sword of junk? 🤣🤣

Anyways, overall translation is okay for mtl and thanks for translating this manga!
Ngl, a little unsure if your first line is a joke or a genuine question but thank you for reading! If it was a serious question, I would have to go back over the translation to provide further clarification.

Also, MSPaint Gang

Last edited:
Group Leader
I'm going to be brutally honest with you: it would've been better if this was your tenth scanlation or something.
Regardless of the tools you used, there are too many wrong things here and since this is one of the comics I like above others, I'd rather see it abandoned for years than see a poorly done work by a "first timer".
There are plenty of other ways to learn the job, like translating a one-shot or even simply going to some forum or chat and get feedback before making it available to the masses.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm going to be brutally honest with you: it would've been better if this was your tenth scanlation or something.
Regardless of the tools you used, there are too many wrong things here and since this is one of the comics I like above others, I'd rather see it abandoned for years than see a poorly done work by a "first timer".
There are plenty of other ways to learn the job, like translating a one-shot or even simply going to some forum or chat and get feedback before making it available to the masses.
Well thank you for the criticism all the same. Hopefully someone with a hell of a lot more skill than me could pick this up and I could go back to being a reader. What are some points about it that really bothered you if you don’t mind me asking? Would like to know.

Group Leader
What are some points about it that really bothered you if you don’t mind me asking? Would like to know.
The overlays to cover the text outside the speech bubbles could've been done better, even with MS Paint it is possible to do so. Similarly, the english text inside these overlays sometimes was poorly positioned or the font size did not make it readable.
Going into finer details, certain sentences were broken in ways that it was hard or even impossible to understand the intended meaning. An example I just found while researching whether the sword was really called "holy sword of junk" (it is, by the way) is that on page 14, bottom central panel, you have Luna say "What" and nothing else, followed by a sentence that doesn't make much sense when connected with the initial "what"; the actual translation would be something like "what strength... but I can't let her go!". There are also other details like using the incorrect pronoun, e.g. "you" instead of "she".
Of course I do understand that you simply take what the machine gives you, but you also have to understand that you can't simply take the result for granted and that's why I'd rather not see this translated at all than see someone simply copy-pasting whatever nonsense the computer gives without trying to proofread it and/or compare it with the actual pictures to see if the sentences make sense.

Fed-Kun's army
The overlays to cover the text outside the speech bubbles could've been done better, even with MS Paint it is possible to do so. Similarly, the english text inside these overlays sometimes was poorly positioned or the font size did not make it readable.
Going into finer details, certain sentences were broken in ways that it was hard or even impossible to understand the intended meaning. An example I just found while researching whether the sword was really called "holy sword of junk" (it is, by the way) is that on page 14, bottom central panel, you have Luna say "What" and nothing else, followed by a sentence that doesn't make much sense when connected with the initial "what"; the actual translation would be something like "what strength... but I can't let her go!". There are also other details like using the incorrect pronoun, e.g. "you" instead of "she".
Of course I do understand that you simply take what the machine gives you, but you also have to understand that you can't simply take the result for granted and that's why I'd rather not see this translated at all than see someone simply copy-pasting whatever nonsense the computer gives without trying to proofread it and/or compare it with the actual pictures to see if the sentences make sense.
Thank you for the detailed answer. Maybe I’ll try your earlier advice of trying out a one-shot and looking for feedback. Crazy how much you were glean from it while I was none the wiser.

Supporter
Thanks for taking this up, I do think you can keep it up, although I’ll givr you some tips.
Dont always trust what a MT gives you, it definitely has mistakes. The google translate camera function is quite on point in my experience, its has helped me with “unreadable” kanjis. You might want to check the whole translation a day afterwards before uploading. it helps to polish the text further.
If you want to make sure that a translation reads as it is, give KanjiTomo a try, its an OCR reader based on Java, has helped me to learn Kanji.
Also, give this chapter a recheck and upload it with the corrections.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for picking this up. With all due respect, Giposcribantio, I appreciate the tips to help to the new translator, but it's attached with a very ugly spiteful backhand. Might want to curb that spiteful back biting personality of yours. Alrightly. Keep burying yourself you condescending ass

Literally, Gipo, you sound a spiteful ingrate. NO ONE was picking this little series up. ARE YOU going to do it? No? Didn't think so. So STFU. So if you cannot bear a few grammatical errors while this person is learning while doing a comic LITERALLY NO ONE ELSE IS DOING, I suggest you either do it yourself or GTFO.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation! It might be a bit rough around the edges, yes, but it's clear you put your time and effort into it, considering it's your first translation. No matter what you do, you need to start from somewhere. Making mistakes is also not bad, it's just repeating mistakes that should be avoided. Well, if you are working at a nuclear power plant, then please avoid even the first mistakes.

The demon lady doesn't immediately seem like a bad person, and for the time being it looks like she would prefer Luna to grow stronger. However, it ought to also be annoying for the demons that their demon queen is living on the human continent. Although the humans at large don't know about Lusha, she's, nevertheless, living on the human continent, which is obviously where she belongs, so in that sense she's where she's supposed to be, unlike Luna. That being said, Luna ought to make her own choices and not leave for the demon continent simply because she was born the demon queen.

Users who are viewing this thread