Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Otaku & Gyaru's Summer Festival

Dex-chan lover
It seems kinda weird to me that the comiket attendees thought Amane was a cosplayer, considering she wasn't dressed up. It's not like only pretty people can cosplay, nor is it like pretty people must all cosplay. Weird scene.

Dex-chan lover
I get you, Amane. Going to your first Comiket is a magical experience.
On my first time a few years prior, I decided to tackle all three days at once, and holy shit... I was exhausted for like a week after.

It seems kinda weird to me that the comiket attendees thought Amane was a cosplayer, considering she wasn't dressed up. It's not like only pretty people can cosplay, nor is it like pretty people must all cosplay. Weird scene.
"She wasn't dressed up"
But she was, and while the mangaka didn't exactly do a good job, see the sparkles when she was talking to the circle booth. Thing is, people at Comiket don't usually wear fancy clothes. (Compare Otaku and the girl of the booth with Amane) As there are unspoken guidelines for what to wear. And by this, I mean that you should prioritize comfort because of how HELLISH Comiket can be.

Even the Comiket website says that cosplayers should arrive in plain clothes and then change over there.
Of course, you can wear whatever you want (It's rare, but I'm not saying you don't see girls like her), but THEN we have the next point:

They entered one of the many cosplay areas that Comiket has and were resting with their backs to the wall. This is important because this IS one of the sections where cosplayers usually are.

This, added to the fancy clothes, makes sense that people mistook her for a cosplayer of some stylish character.
I do say, Otaku's comment can indeed be misunderstood.

AIKATSU FANS RISE UP:
tLYZyUb.png

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
The level of completeness and the production value of the top Comike cosplay, in both the costume and the physicals, are something that's hard to find anywhere else. And if you go around Japan, even in the hottest part of summer, women just don't go around with bare shoulders. I admit that I was kinda surprised to see Amane wearing that, and in a Comike setting, I can definitely see that someone mistaking that outfit for a cosplay.

Dex-chan lover
usually, I'm not one for harem endings but...I wouldn't mind it for this one! But I feel bad for Otaku-kun. He and the girls are such sweet beans. I don't wanna see them suffer.

Dex-chan lover
But she was, and while the mangaka didn't exactly do a good job, see the sparkles when she was talking to the circle booth. Thing is, people at Comiket don't usually wear fancy clothes. (Compare Otaku and the girl of the booth with Amane) As there are unspoken guidelines for what to wear. And by this, I mean that you should prioritize comfort because of how HELLISH Comiket can be.

Even the Comiket website says that cosplayers should arrive in plain clothes and then change over there.
Of course, you can wear whatever you want (It's rare, but I'm not saying you don't see girls like her), but THEN we have the next point:

They entered one of the many cosplay areas that Comiket has and were resting with their backs to the wall. This is important because this IS one of the sections where cosplayers usually are. (3 random photos I've taken of cosplayers nearby the wall I believe they were resting at.)

This, added to the fancy clothes, makes sense that people mistook her for a cosplayer of some stylish character.
I do say, Otaku's comment can indeed be misunderstood.
That does explain things better. Although they were in the kiramon section, right? I don't think the story has ever said anything about Amane being like a kiramon character, unlike Ijichi :win:

Dex-chan lover
usually, I'm not one for harem endings but...I wouldn't mind it for this one! But I feel bad for Otaku-kun. He and the girls are such sweet beans. I don't wanna see them suffer.

This is where I'm at. Harem endings are usually a cop-out to cover for a weak-willed author not wanting to make the audience mad because everyone stans their waifu like a desperate idiot. But this is different because it's not that "I want my girl to win and nobody else." It's legitimately "both of them are the best and I don't want anyone to get hurt."

Dex-chan lover
You know what the fun thing is? The flashy extra-gal type Ichiji is at her best in her dressed down "home mode" with simple close, glasses, and tied back hair. It's casual and different from Amane's very put-together model look, but it makes her super adorable.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no Ijichi confessed first. Usually in harem manga, the first to confess is the loser of the race.

Cause harem mangaka tend to leave the winner's confession for the last arc.

Please don't get pissy at me just for stating a very common harem manga writing trend.
While it's cliche, it IS cleverly done... It's tough to call, as the "confession" was played off, so does it count? A lot of factors. A part of me hopes vainly for some sort of polyamourous ending, but I feel it's a little "young" for that. Which sadly leaves a winner and a loser, or an open ending, which might ALMOST be preferable to one of them being heartbroken. Happy acceptance almost always feels so artificial in these situations. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Edited for @#!&?$% autocorrect, as usual.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread