Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 11 Ch. 56 - Demon

Fed-Kun's army
Ships aside though, aren't there any capable knights around? What about Chris' dad the Swordmaster? Shouldn't he have an armor or something?
not really, thanks to the Power system in the Kingdom a lot of Capital Nobels are Cowards and have run or are Running Away, while most of the Country Side Nobles if is not for leon they would have abbandom the Kingdom to it's fate. if there are Knights they are busy defending the Evacuations and Leon have to deal with most of the Enemies to avoid them to overwhelm the capital.

OK so they didn't kill the princess because she was a political hostage, I can somehow get around that.
But why the fuck didn't MC take the flute with him and maybe put it in Luxions main body? This sounds like a deus ex machina to easily let things get worse.

Dex-chan lover
the mc is literally a baby, so naive even tho its a full blown war, kill your enemy whenever you have a chance is something you always have to do, yet he thinks hes in a fairy tale where no bloodshed is possible

Yes. However, not only is he naïve, he's been heretofore stupid about one critical fact: he's been thinking that he's reincarnated into the game he played in his original world--he has avoided accepting the fact that he has, instead, entered a reality based on that game.

Quite stupid, because even he had his hangups about killing. Why? It's just a game after all, isn't it? And he's "just a mob" in that game, right? Thus his stupidity spread to other aspects of his very real life in that world--including and especially his interactions with Angelica and Olivia (i.e., "I'm just a mob, they wouldn't want me," or any number of excuses he could come up with to avoid facing their poorly concealed feelings for him). As a result, and as multiple people have already said, his pointless and self-contradictory creed of nonlethality has lead precisely to the events of this chapter's end.

Not killing an enemy who hates you enough to commit to killing you isn't mercy, it's begging for your own downfall--if not specifically your own death.

That aside, I'm happy to see him shed his nonlethality in this war--at least that, if not his ridiculous belief that he's somehow coded into a world of ones and zeroes instead of living in a very real world where people live and die. There are enough people around him proving that there are no save points by which they can be brought back. Even more than that, however, is my happiness to see those who exploit nonlethality being answered with what they're begging for in so doing: I've read way too many stories in which a "hero" commits to avoiding killing--while consequently creating as many problems of the sort Leon did with that one pilot in this chapter--despite that very commitment being exploited blatantly and flagrantly in his face. Utterly senseless, but such senselessness is the mangaka's habitual stock-in-trade where things the mangaka feels he must preserve are concerned.

The principality princesses won't be executed for everything they have done will they?

lol Of course they won't, their flat chests are a different kind of plot armor. Marie's still kicking, isn't she? So is Hertrude, and her transgressions against the Kingdom are ongoing--she survived long enough to be rescued.

The amount of PTSD the MC is going to get from this event is the most traumatizing of any Harem MC. Angie and 'Liva love each other more than him.

Seriously though, the story is surprisingly well written at times. The scenario around killing given to Leon is better than most Shōnen. There isn't a good, happy ending. All the options leave a bitter taste.

Dex-chan lover
Leon deserves to have Angie and Livia killed for being stupid and Naive until this point, a lot of this is his fault.

Contributor
There goes the kingdom's bargaining chip. Then again, I suppose it would be unsightly for the protagonists to use a hostage for potential negotiations. Now that it's come to this, fighting is the only option left for the royal forces. It's more concerning how Leon and his misunderstanding + his mob mentality continue to seem like obstacles to the use of their trump card. I'd be very surprised if the "power of love" managed to work with just Angie and Olivia alone when they're missing Leon, a core part of their relationship equation. But I'd like to see him realize it in this arc. Maybe he will, let's see...

Dex-chan lover
Uh, it still baffles me how Mylene Scans' translation quality dropped in comparison to how they started. Even Ru>En translation for ch.55 was heaps better than their release.
There was a slight improvement this chapter, at least, because whew lads, chapter 53 was bad bad.

Fed-Kun's army
Why, why wouldn't you disable that stupid flute? Why leave it in once piece? It's fucking easy. Just leaving it in 2 pieces in 2 different parts of the castle would have ended this stupid fucking plot device.

Dex-chan lover
You reap what you sow. now many people died because you spared that guy, AND let them leave

Users who are viewing this thread