Overlord: <Shin> Sekai-hen

Dex-chan lover
I was just reading the latest chapter of "Tenkuu no Shiro o Moratta no de Isekai de Tanoshiku Asobitai" and then I checked to see if the artist had anything else in his "repertoire"...
And then I come to find out that he's going to draw the rest of the "Overlord" manga series ?
=> I did not see that coming.

Last edited:
This art style feels really mediocre compared to the previous illustrator. The skeletal nose looks gaping and draws the eye, the dynamic skull he once had now looks round and bulbous, not to mention the attention to detail feels minimal. I'm really disappointed and debating whether or not to keep buying physical copies if this is the quality we are going to end up with.

this art style seems allot closer to the anime but I'm not sure if I prefer that, the old art style was one of the reasons I liked the manga so much more than the anime because the anime looks so generic

Fed-Kun's army
This art style feels really mediocre compared to the previous illustrator. The skeletal nose looks gaping and draws the eye, the dynamic skull he once had now looks round and bulbous, not to mention the attention to detail feels minimal. I'm really disappointed and debating whether or not to keep buying physical copies if this is the quality we are going to end up with.
:nodding: The new art is pretty bad. Miyama Fugin definitely had a more distinctive style. This is generic meh-ness.

Supporter
Honestly I'm so used to the other artist's style, I can't get used to this one. If it's been like this from the beginning, maybe I wouldn't be so adverse to it but... Well, OG Overlord series is being published in my country and I guess I'm just gonna buy until vol 19.

Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread