Palace Meidi - Vol. 6 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
4 chapters left no real romance anywhere to be seen 😙

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read this in a while, what happened to that rape-y mustache guy? Is he still the same or has he been reprimanded for his actions?

Contributor
misono's friends lmao
hnnng this is too good! I want more but I don't want it to end.

Dex-chan lover
@Cernunnos No but he is pretty much in denial about the Emperor not having any feeling for him and prefering Misono. He spent the past few chapters pulling extremely cheap and childish stunts to torture Misono, only for the guy to shit on his bullying tactics and find a way to be with his waifu anyway. He got so bad that even a female friend of his who was initially supporting him called him a manchild.

Having seen how this manga ends (only four chapters to go), I cannot wait to see how readers react. The author said they wanted to "subvert expectations while also adhering to expectations" regarding the end.

Dex-chan lover
I've really been enjoying this. But in a way, I've never seen what the huge deal is. I mean, OK, so the tradition is a woman dowager emperor never gets married and all, presumably because if she did she could have a son who would be a potential rival claimant to the throne and stuff. But I'm sure at a less official level the tradition has also been that she'd have a lover if she wanted--someone discreet, ideally a respectable staff member of good family, well bred, well educated, capable of maintaining polite fictions. You know, like Misono.

Users who are viewing this thread