Palace of Bardo - Ch. 23

I am looking forward to what he does in order to earn his love and trust. The emperor truly wishes to cherish him. I just hope it doesn't become "chinese webnovel angsty" and they go round and round in circles.

Group Leader
Best scenario is for the emperor to let him go but ik that’s impossible. At least, let him go (temporarily) and let plot armor do its job? What he wants most is freedom, and no matter how much coddling he gets, he never gets the choice.

Seriously mc has such a nice smile, and the emperor ruins it all. A good thing about this story is there is no stupid misunderstanding whatsoever or the denial that he is the past wonje.
I can't say I can see a happy ending for mc at the moment, though his life would be a teeny tiny little bit bearable from now on? If he can get over his trauma, of course.
Love the little servant that complains in-directly to the emperor on what happens.
Thanks for the chapter!

Now that he knows, I wonder what the emperor will choose? Will he be able to properly cherish Gok? Will he let him go? I wonder if he were to treat Gok with sincerity, would it change anything? Could Gok ever accept the emperor?

Ah, so glad that the eunuch clearly stated it was /rape/ as it most certainly was.
So yeah, how can (current) Wonje make it so Heun can laugh again? Is it even possible?

tbh it's gonna feel so creepy and cringe-y even if the emperor 'becomes a better person'...because you don't just transform from a rapist psychopath into a 'good person' just because you learned one or two things. lel and also I'm willing to bet that the MC will eventually fall in love with emperor but that's also creepy as hell cause like--abuse??? abuse for so many years??
Idk see what happens. Tbh I was here for the psychopath/torture story, but if the author switches it around to 'aaaa this rapist just didn't know how to express his feelings but once he treats you better the two of u are gonna fall in love and b happy forever' then ill probs drop the story

@Asterris Right!? I greatly dislike rapist-to-lover stories, they're pretty sick. Honestly, the best thing Wonje could do would be to let Heun go. I'll stick around to see if something so improbable (but wonderful) does indeed happen...

the best thing for him to do would be for him to let him go and work this whole thing out another way.

The only way to redeem the Emperor is for him to love the MC enough to let him go. It would be really ridiculous for the ML to forgive and forgot and tralala off into the sunset with him. Forgive and forget for his peace of mind, but to be with him... I don't want it.

Double-page supporter
Yeee drown in guilt dorrow emperor

And while you're at it let Heun go will ya? The guy needs a friggin break

Thanks for the update!

The worst thing about all of this is everything is being revealed in a that's sympathetic to wonje. The guy who desperately wants to be told he's liked back by the person who he supposedly loves 100% isn't misguided about the correct way to reveal your feelings. He chose prolonged torture because he's into it on some level.

Thank you so much to Strictly Anonymous Team. This manhwa is state of art. It's so beautiful and it makes me feel the longing, the pain, the love of two soulmates... it's a constant war, this manhwa is. I'm crying so hard right now bc somehow i can feel how they felt... thank you so much SAT for bringing this beautiful manhwa to us. I can't believe a beautiful and heartfelt manhwa like this exists.

Users who are viewing this thread