Paper Braver - Vol. 2 Ch. 30 - Wine contains

Dex-chan lover
At least they're both excited for cooking class?

She didn't actually say she was good at it, just that she liked it. More weirdly, tamagoyaki isn't exactly one of the easiest things to make, so there should be a few more things she can do that's easier within the same general skill set.

If they're in a cooking class, they have the recipe. Otherwise it's a garbage cooking class class.

Can't fight, can cook. Make food, not war. Makes sense.

The don of don dishes.

Cooking is not feminine. See all the male chefs you see everywhere in manga. Though it's always been a disjointed thing. If it's at home, it's female dominated, if it's professionally, it's male dominated.

When bringing sugar instead of salt is an improvement...

Polyphenols aren't anything you actively need to limit, so having a bit more wine doesn't make that a concern.

"It's an old tradition."
It's a maid café tradition. Maid cafés aren't that old. But they're young.

Group Leader
She didn't actually say she was good at it, just that she liked it. More weirdly, tamagoyaki isn't exactly one of the easiest things to make [...]
Hijiri only specifies that she's good at making Tamagoyaki (and yes, it really it a precise and rather hard dish to make). Knowing her, if she actually were good at cooking in general, she probably would've said something along the lines of "I think I am rather good at cooking"

In the raws, she says: "卵焼きなら得意です!" (Romaji: tamagoyaki nara tokui desu)
Could also translate to: "I'm skilled if it comes to Tamagoyaki!"

If they're in a cooking class, they have the recipe. Otherwise it's a garbage cooking class class.
And that's me messing up my phrasing, making it seem like there is no recipe at all. She says that she can make it if there is a recipe in general (yes, they do have recipes in these classes).

In the raws, she says: "レシピがあれば[...]" (Romaji: reshipi ga areba)
Could also translate to: "If there is a recipe [...]"

This one is now fixed, so thanks for pointing it out

Dex-chan lover
Cooking is not feminine. See all the male chefs you see everywhere in manga. Though it's always been a disjointed thing. If it's at home, it's female dominated, if it's professionally, it's male dominated.
To be fair almost everything professional was male dominated because people expected women to stay at home.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair almost everything professional was male dominated because people expected women to stay at home.
And because people (still) expect the man to bring in the dough, which leads men to pursue money in all ways they effectively can.

Some things like brewing beer used to be done by women at home for home consumption, but then they started selling the excess (still at home), and that eventually grew to a more dedicated industry with men more involved. Incidentally, that's also where pubs come from.

Users who are viewing this thread