Parasyte Reversi - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Chosen Boy

Well, good job to the translators.
I hope someone will pick this up too, and that they'll make good work on it.

Group Leader
Oh its up properly!!
To be completly fair it didn't feel like a machine translated chapter,
Amazing job!
Thank you guys

I loved Parasyte when I read it years ago, but I never knew this existed!
This didn't seem like a machine trabslation, it was a very good job!
Thanks @NotTriton !

cgr

Dex-chan lover
same author & artist as teppu , but the name is reversed on teppu's page : https://mangadex.org/title/499/teppu

Dex-chan lover
I am very conflict by the lack of Iwaaki anywhere credited on this spin off.
This could be trash that exist just for the sake of hurr durr aliens go brrr.

@cgr oh that's bad then, i hated that MC, she literally got herself in a situation in which she would won regardless of the result of the fight and killed all tension that encounter may have had.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating. I’ve been waiting for a while to see someone come through for the series

Power Uploader
I'm happy this got an update, but why is the typesetting so terrible? Do you not read manga?

Edit: Alright.

Group Leader
@Dead-chan we're working on a v2 with better typesetting, it's coming soon.

@Doomroar Iwaaki is credited on the title page of the tankobon version, which we'll be using going forward. "Parasyte Reversi based on Parasyte by Hitoshi Iwaaki".

Dex-chan lover
@Kiekoes so his involvement starts and ends with him being the creator of the original series but he has nothing to do with this one then.

Group Leader
@Doomroar I can't possibly know to what length Iwaaki is involved in this, seeing he still has his own running series in Afternoon. You said you were conflicted about him not being credited, I told you he was, pretty much everywhere, that's all. I highly doubt a spinoff series like this gets made without his permission or supervision.

Dex-chan lover
@Kiekoes one thing is getting permission, and another is getting supervision, Parasyte has a bunch of compilations and spinoffs, which he gave permission to make, but didn't supervise, and this can be just another one.

If he is only credited once and is credited only as the creator of the original story, and not as a coauthor, writer, supervisor, consultant, then speculating about him being more involved when he already has to deal with History is just wishful optimism. Your answer didn't really tells me much, other than his involvement may be minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread