Pet Shop of Horrors - Vol. 9 Ch. 37 - Dynasty

Aggregator gang
Asexual count asexual count
ugh that is not what asexual means. the term you're looking for is aromantic if we are talking about not being able to feel romantic love. asexual means you have no sexual desire toward either sex. do not mistake romantic feelings of love as being the same as sexual desire.

Aggregator gang
lol the count ain't a forgiving man but to be fair leon is the one that started this war

ugh that is not what asexual means. the term you're looking for is aromantic if we are talking about not being able to feel romantic love. asexual means you have no sexual desire toward either sex. do not mistake romantic feelings of love as being the same as sexual desire.
As an aroace, I would heavily argue that the count was implied as both in this chapter. While yes, the proposal was a romantic one, subsequent pages also involve the animals speaking of her beauty as a factor, something the count makes no effort to clarify against. As well, the way the count speaks of love as a 'vulgar' desire gives the impression that he does not speak exclusively of romance.

While yes, aromantic would have been the better word to use if only one could be applicable, I argue that neither is incorrect at all. Yes, the phrasing could have been better, but I think your snark was unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread