PETITION TO ADD MD SEARCH BOT TO DISCORD

Group Leader
I made a bot that searches manga on MD with a command for the discord server, but Ixlone doesn't want it
636320419305095199.png

Example:
unknown.png

It could be useful in certain situations. Don't really see a downside to adding it either.

If they dont want it... they dont want it... it would just spam the discord.

VIP
Ixlone is above the mods. The only one who could aprove it is Holo.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kind of curious to know whether you bothered to look at the role and whether or not you actually understand said roles when dealing with websites/computers? Both Holo and ixlone are admins, which is typically the highest position. It's why you will often have a prompt when trying to do something on a Windows computer that can make changes to important files/the system that asks to either run as an administrator or give administrative rights. Why do you think bugging the mods, who were almost definitely given that position by an admin, would then cause it to be added? Before they add it they would probably have to okay it up the chain, which would bring to light the fact that it was already rejected. Please don't make extra work for them just to soothe your ego from something they didn't ask you for in the first place, thanks. 😒

Dex-chan lover
Forget what the guy above says I'm all up for it. As far as I know, Ixlone gave their opinion, not a decision, and opinions can be convinced.

I don't recommend it. Discord is not for searching Manga, it's for contacting Mods or chatting.

This Mangadex bot could potentially be a resource denial exploit and a potential spam headache on Discord. It's too risky for a bot that pretty much serves the same function as the Mangadex Quick Search that already exists.

Kinda useless.
If you gain nothing from using something, why would you use that something? Not to mention the downsides to this addition.

Dex-chan lover
This Mangadex bot could potentially be a resource denial exploit and a potential spam headache on Discord. It's too risky for a bot that pretty much serves the same function as the Mangadex Quick Search that already exists.
Nvm I take my words back, crazybars has a point.

Group Leader
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN @Crazybars
I have no idea how you guys ended up with the idea that the bot itself is scraping the site without any information from my end, never-the-less I'll clarify that the bot DOES NOT crawl mangadex, instead it uses my own Database which has all MD manga and is used for my app. The scraper that updates the DB is WELL under request limits and will NEVER be a burden on MD servers.

As for `it will be abused` argument, thats the same as saying "people spam the chat with MD links". If people are, for some reason, saying that because they fear that my server cant handle the load then rest assured it can easily handle a couple of servers.

Now to address @ZaxaPac, calm your tits. I know how roles work. I know only Holo and Ixlone can add bots, however, many people on the server are know each other. I am hoping the mods can maybe convince Ix or Holo. I know the concept of communication may be alien to you but it works.

@Limbowo How is it useless? you need to open the site search the title then copy link. With the bot its as simple as a single command

Fed-Kun's army
Someone also suggest auto tagging for manga a while back iirc. Don't know how active discord server is but somebody will surely find uses for this. Maybe make it only available for certain channel to prevent clutter or something if it's possible.

Also @Paper324 , how will the result be if I requesting incomplete title? Let's say I'm being lazy and just type in loli, will it just show all 69 titles in MD that have loli on their title?

Dex-chan lover
let's say i am an asshole- which at some cases, i am- and i have discord and already joined the channel.
then i want to do some petty insultery with your bot to....

you know what, i want to do petty insultery to people with your bot.
too bad i don't actively use discord

Users who are viewing this thread