PETITION TO ADD MD SEARCH BOT TO DISCORD

Ahh, the ease of opening discord, going to the server, the chat room where the bot is operating followed typing the command and clicking the link to the website, truly an efficient course of action.
Not to mention that we might not know the complete title of the manga we are looking for.

Group Leader
@Limbowo You fail to see the point, it's not for people who don't actively use the server. Sometimes people join and ask for recommendations and you don't want to switch to chrome to search. Its not a replacement for MD search, rather a tool to help people link to manga in chat without leaving discord. It also shows other information such as rating, views, artist, author etc which isn't visible when you link a manga in chat.

Another thing is, no one is forcing you to use the bot if you think linking the manga is faster than thats completely fine. I don't understand *why* you're against it

Another thing is, no one is forcing you to use the bot if you think linking the manga is faster than thats completely fine. I don't understand *why* you're against it
Then why are you pushing it so hard? If an admin DOESNT WANT IT... that should be a hint to shut up.

Dex-chan lover
@blackyawgdom It should be obvious that OP wants the option to look up MD entries through Discord and links. I don't see why not since there's practically no downsides. Key word here is "want" and that's a word representing an opinion rather than an order, and opinions can change.

Dex-chan lover
While OP seems to have created the bot app with only the best of intentions in mind things may be a bit more complex behind the curtains then he realizes at this time.

Our admins have to consider the possibility it may utilize Discord resources and services that could result in archived search histories that could catch the attention of hostile Discord admins. From the short stints I've spent on Discord it would seem they do not approve of certain content being publicized on the Discord servers.
If that's the case we should avoid poking the Discord bears too much or we might get eaten.

There is also the possibility implementing the bot now may result in a issue in the future when the V5 site, and forum goes public. Can't say for sure tho.

Group Leader
Our admins have to consider the possibility it may utilize Discord resources and services that could result in archived search histories that could catch the attention of hostile Discord admins. From the short stints I've spent on Discord it would seem they do not approve of certain content being publicized on the Discord servers.
If that's the case we should avoid poking the Discord bears too much or we might get eaten.

What in the world does this mean. ‘It may utilise discord resources’ like what? Last I checked joining a server and sending messages is free and for everyone. And as far as the TOS go I am filtering out hentai from the searches.

‘From the short stints I've spent on Discord it would seem they do not approve of certain content being publicized on the Discord servers‘
linking the manga in chat is literally the same thing. Also for v5, it should affect the bot since it’s using my database and not MD

I swear most of these arguments are extremely retarded. I don’t understand why ix doesn’t want a bot but i am pretty all the arguments put forth in this thread aren’t the reason

Users who are viewing this thread