Pick Me Up

Contributor
Interesting concept, lets see how it will go in the long run

Dex-chan lover
Auto-combat gacha, but from the summon's point of view. Interesting.

Dex-chan lover
So far, an amazing story ngl, author does a really good job across the board

Fed-Kun's army
The art is great, although it lacks any semblance of novelty or imagination. However the main character is unbearable. Could be the translation tho. I don't understand how the main character can be such a piece of shit as a summon, but was supposedly a literal 1 in 100000000 gentle soul who cared about his summons. Doesn't make sense.
Makes me think of another manhwa, Second life ranker. it's a guy avenging his dead twin in another world or sth. At any rate, main character is a ruthless man, very manipulative, but he has his reasons.
Here, it's just "this trash" and "that trash" left and right for no reason besides them being lazy or cowardly.

4/10

Last edited:
The art is great, although it lacks any semblance of novelty or imagination. However the main character is unbearable. Could be the translation tho. I don't understand how the main character can be such a piece of shit as a summon, but was supposedly a literal 1 in 100000000 gentle soul who cared about his summons. Doesn't make sense.
In regards to the comment on the main character being "a piece of shit,"
the recent chapters (and the current arc, especially) have definitely shown the main character to be a lot more compassionate than he was at the start. It's more than likely that he was only being cold/heartless to the newcomers at the start in order to ensure that the future will be less rocky. And even with him being mean to the other summons, we see that he still tried to get them to train and not idle around; iirc, most of the summons who ended up becoming fodder were synthesized due to their own negligence. He's also mentioned having synthesized his characters if he had to.

But yeah, fair gripe to have. Personally, I'm a bit iffy on how
normal summons are supposed to figure out what to do with a lot of the stages. For example, in the current mission, how are they supposed to just figure out who to protect? That and also, it's kind of hard to believe that he's the only one to treat his summons with care, in all honesty.

I like the story though. Nice art, interesting take on the tower isekai trope, and nice character development; each of the main cast have their roles, strengths, and weaknesses, and it doesn't feel like the main character is overpowered compared to them. High 8/10 for me.

By far one of the best manhwa I have read out there. Amazing art, in depth and realistic character development with characters that are likable and actually die. Lore deeper than any Hideo Kojima game and the translation is pretty decent.

Don't knock it at chapter 1-5. Once you get past the start you begin to understand why this has a 9.0 rating.

Group Leader
Art is okay there's not much character development. Getting stronger isn't character development. Going by what we see from his earth self his personality actually regressed into the typical trash fodder mob in those high school fighting manwhas. You know those nameless mobs who turn their head and talk with their teeth clenched and vein protruding on their forehead acting all tough with their hands in there pockets. Spouting a curse word every other sentence. But I can see why people like this. It's Isekai and power fantasy it's neither deep or realistic it's just wow factor coming into play with everything the MC does. Also MC is edgy but apparently he was more sympathetic towards the characters when he thought they were ai? What's with that logic. I guess Koreans just like these brooding arrogant edgy MCs. Yet they're not much different than those kind of mobs I described earlier it's just they're the MC.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does some of the art feel like it was like the art style of solo leveling? Regardless, not feeling this one, mostly because like others said the MC is trashy and it doesn't really feel like there's growth when he knowns how to game the system.

Users who are viewing this thread