Picture of Tears - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Sorry for the long delay between chapter 5 and 6. That's entirely on me. Depression's been kicking my ass, also
the ending of this is totally unsatisfying and that didn't help either. Bummer...
Anyway, that's the last chapter. Enjoy
?

Dex-chan lover
@runrin thanks for the translation, take care of yourself
the ending does suck though, riko was just a egocentric sociopath and sae lost her individuality
very bad end

Dex-chan lover
Wow looks like now MC is truly alone now while Riko lost the only person she was interested in and is also truly alone now too

talk about an OMEGA bad end

really liked the art and everything about it but boyyyyyy do I wish it was longer and not this sad ending OTL both girls where super cute too feelsbadman

Double-page supporter
I cant get much out of this story, because I cant understand the sociopath(?) char of Riko in any way to make up any meaning of it, let alone something like a moral of the story. Maybe some comment will enlighten me. :D

Dex-chan lover
@dokidoki yep, same. love the art, and i'm sure the next thing this mangaka does will be interesting. this was their first series after all.

i honestly would have been okay with a yandere ending where sae accepts being stuck with riko for the rest of her life. but instead we got whatever this was...

Dex-chan lover
@runrin OMFG sammmeeee that yandere end would've been 100x better than w.e this depressing crap we got was LOL

EQbPLeLUYAAZEZJ
these girls will be missed OTL

I actually think it's a well executed ending. Yandere ending would feel like a cop out imo. Not sure how the author could have made a happy ending out of this without it feeling white washed tbh but I'm no Mangaka! Not every manga has to have a happy ending alright.

Dex-chan lover
@jellyrolljunior i agree, but to me this ending felt forced. like it was trying to be super deep or meaningful, but instead it felt very shallow.

Contributor
While I don't feel like I wasted my time reading this, I probably won't be revisiting it unless there's a sequel/spinoff or shared universe and I need to refresh my memory on these characters.

Aggregator gang
I don't know how I feel about this ending. It's abrupt and we don't get enough information about Riko. There's some vague symbolism with her eyes and the way she sees other people which only mildly helps to understand her more.

From what I get, what Riko loved about Sae was that Sae hated her. She was different from those who unconditionally loved her and it was evident by how she never took her picture(because she wasn't fawning over her and saw her as regular friend). Sae was more than just someone mindlessly attracted to Riko and that's what made her special. What Sae liked about Riko was that Riko was always looking at her(something she didn't realize til this chapter considering she says that she found out why she loved her). She didn't care who,she just wanted to feel noticed by someone because it's clear she lacks attention due to living in Riko's shadow. When Koike started showing interest in her was when she realized that she never liked Riko and after he stopped,she realized that Riko was all she had. Riko made her stand out and feel noticed. Although she did want to be noticed more,I think she was fine if at least one person looked her. Same thing with Koike,when Koike started liking her she didn't care at all that everyone else disliked her. When Sae took the picture of Riko,she was no longer unique in her eyes and thus Riko moved on from interest in Sae, leaving Sae to be just another in the background. Would like to note that more than like or love,it's more like a heavy and twisted form of dependence/interest.

Dex-chan lover
@yoshitsune sounds right to me. you made a lot more sense of it than my brain could.

it does seemlike dependence issue. perhaps that's why she was on twitter trying to get people to pay attention to her. i wonder what her family life is like? is she abused or neglected? we hear what i assume is her mother calling her in the first chapter, so she's not completely alone. hmmm...

Dex-chan lover
Riko as a character doesn't really makes sense, I get it, you like Sae because she doesn't puts you in an altar... but why why WHY WHY did you let other people make fun of her/ treat her poorly? why you never tried to show your human side to her? what is she? at the end, I guess she was just a pretty face.

But the shoes were really cool

Runrin thank you for translating this even if the ending was like ... this... but hey, it was a good ride, you could say only the last chapter was bad and only the last pages so I don't regret a thing.

An afterword or a short time skip would've been perfect.

Double-page supporter
It was an interesting series but quite an unsatisfying ending. The author was probably given a limited number of chapters.
I wonder if the tankoubon will have any extras that add something :>

Users who are viewing this thread