Pierrot Man - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - Sayuri

Dex-chan lover
well, this makes sayuri look guilty but i doubt she's the 'mastermind', just another pawn. if not just messing with her/this ends up being a popular thing sent to her/outfits were made before movie was announced and set out

didn't expect a daughter tho lol (tho you'd think child support would be set up automatically in a place like japan versus being able to escape responsibilities, hope the daughter isn't held hostage)

Dex-chan lover
That's... ... ... Tons of very significant plot development out of nowhere in just 20 pages.
  • Toraji is a divorcee
  • he likely married very young to already have a teenaged kid in his 30s
  • he likely divorced not that long ago
  • his hot mangaka friend has a Clown Man suit
  • his hot mangaka friend is close with his daughter
  • his ex-wife doesn't like him but his daughter does which obviously is going to make it interesting when Clown Man inevitably decides to go after both of them

Almost thought author would use Sayuri and Akame to inject some old vs young hijinks into the story but then Akame is revealed to be his daughter. But the most surprising thing is how he managed to cram all the above into just one chapter without it feeling excessive.

Banned
huh ? he has a daughter? and he didn't at one point even think to himself "what about my daughter?" before this?

and why is his teenage daughter going to shibuya on halloween with his mangaka colleague?

It's gonna be a fakeout, she's gonna be like "Huh? What's this clown mask doing here?" then it's gonna turn out that the daughter is actually the Clownman because she wants revenge for her dad who ran off with another woman, then the reveal will happen that she's actually just a pawn of the real Clownman and then both the mom and daughter will get killed.

The main character will then run away and run into an as yet unseen friend of his that turns out to be an astronaut, which is when we'll also find out that the main character was also an astronaut in his past, and at the end of the chapter it will be revealed that the astronaut friend is also an agent of the Clownman.

Dex-chan lover
That's... ... ... Tons of very significant plot development out of nowhere in just 20 pages.
  • Toraji is a divorcee
  • he likely married very young to already have a teenaged kid in his 30s
  • he likely divorced not that long ago
  • his hot mangaka friend has a Clown Man suit
  • his hot mangaka friend is close with his daughter
  • his ex-wife doesn't like him but his daughter does which obviously is going to make it interesting when Clown Man inevitably decides to go after both of them

Almost thought author would use Sayuri and Akame to inject some old vs young hijinks into the story but then Akame is revealed to be his daughter. But the most surprising thing is how he managed to cram all the above into just one chapter without it feeling excessive.
A story like this works better with an expanding scope. We can't understand anything about clownman without context but if we knew all the context the truth might be too apparent. I believe we're only just beginning to sink into the quagmire that is Toraji's life.

Last edited:
Banned
A story like this works better with an expanding scope. We can't understand anything about clownman without context but if we knew all the context the truth might be too apparent. I believe we're only just beginning to sink into the quagmire that is Toraji's life.
except it's very easy for this kind of thing to feel silly because it makes you think "huh how come this didn't come up before?" and it can feel like they're just making up something new each to keep the story going.

Dex-chan lover
huh ? he has a daughter? and he didn't at one point even think to himself "what about my daughter?" before this?

and why is his teenage daughter going to shibuya on halloween with his mangaka colleague?
other than being concern for a child's (well, teenager) safety
i suppose it wasn't the first thought that occurred to him b/c they don't live together as opposed to his current relationship who got killed off first chapter , tho even without a prior divorce i imagine she'd be at the age range where it's like "i don't get along with my father/keep my distance" versus the ones sucking up/acting spoiled for more pocket money

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I specifically praised how the author managed to put all of those into just 1 chapter without anything feeling forced. Which to me could very well mean that this is one of those stories where MC turns out to be the biggest douchebag of them all but there was no way for us to tell before the big reveal because author intentionally gave no hints or foreshadowing.

Users who are viewing this thread