Ponkotsu-chan Kenshouchuu - Vol. 6 Ch. 59 - Jinx

Dex-chan lover
imma say it

I actually enjoy romcoms with rivals:huh:
I mean, it's fine if they're there from the beginning and there's the slightest chance of suspense. But if the manga is billed as "look at these two dorks" and that's what it is for like forty chapters... That's what it's going to be for the rest of it, too. You're not fooling anyone. So she's less a rival, and more like one of those girls that get tied to train tracks, except we know she won't get saved.

I can enjoy a romcom with rivals. Not one with a human sacrifice.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit... The chapter starts with Ponkatsu denying having any feeling for Mito over and over again and then the 'camera' Pans over to the classroom where the black haired girl is actually trying to progress the relationship.

The author is strait up fucking with us now. With Pon skipping lover in the "Clone maker" a couple weeks ago and every single relationship flag being only with the black haired girl, it feels like we are being fucked with.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit... The chapter starts with Ponkatsu denying having any feeling for Mito over and over again and then the 'camera' Pans over to the classroom where the black haired girl is actually trying to progress the relationship.

The author is strait up fucking with us now. With Pon skipping lover in the "Clone maker" a couple weeks ago and every single relationship flag being only with the black haired girl, it feels like we are being fucked with.
I'm getting a feeling Amesaki's rejection and Yumesaki's realization would be a matter of but a few chapters. Probably close to the ending :aquadrink:

Double-page supporter
like her more than ponkotsu but she was introduced half-way thru so obv she's not ending up w/ him

Dex-chan lover
set up an adorable couple thrust together by a wacky conceit
get into a rhythm of "problem of the week" escapades that allow them both to get closer
suddenly start ignoring it for a new character and abandon the wacky conceit that set the story up in the first place
The editor that asked for or allowed this should reconsider careers.

Double-page supporter
I just noticed the "power preview" first panels no longer appear for every chapter. Also, thanks for the TL!

Users who are viewing this thread