Pre-load next chapter metadata/first page

Group Leader
To improve the reading experience, the reader should pre-load the metadata/first page of the following chapter, so that users can begin reading immediately after clicking/tapping to go to the next chapter.

Currently, users have to wait between chapters while the next chapter loads. For series with longer chapters, this is less of an issue, but it would especially help with the experience for series with many single-page chapters like Tomo-chan is a Girl! or Mousou Telepathy.

Upvote 3
Group Leader
I often read a chapter without going to the next, usually because it's chapter 1 of X and I find the story to be boring so I drop it right there. In this case loading the next page can be wasteful, especially if the page is actually an HD credits image, both for the servers and for my device that might not use unlimited wi-fi.
I think this would work only if there is a setting allowing us to either disable it or do the loading only if the chapter has a number of pages less than a configurable threshold; that way people can manage their data usage and whether they want to have this behaviour at all.

Users who are viewing this thread