Question regarding spoiler and some minor complaints

Dex-chan lover
So when you discuss about previous chapter plot in a current chapter would that be grounds for being reported as spoiler there are actually a lot of those i guess general situations are

1. Some user ask about something regarding previous chapter and another user help them out if it’s a famous series you’d see like 3 or more people telling them a summery of the old chapters

2. Some proud user who somehow predicted the current chapter 20 chapters ago and does summery on his evidence again It’s more or less a copy paste from what he said 20 chapters ago his prediction though could be considered as a spoiler if there’s a source material like a novel or historical facts I can see it being reported.

3. 2 users having a civil discussion where one user thinks MC is a chad and the other user thinks MC is a simp both user will use previous chapters to support their claims you can usually find this in more famous or controversial manga this guys tends to get modded if they start insulting each other fun place to grab popcorn in really rare cases mods will block the whole specific chapter discussion understandable cause pretty sure they stopped talking about the manga already.

Of course all of this is happening inside chapter specific discussion.

If they are spoilers I’ll just keep that in mind maybe report them when I see them.

If they are not a spoiler then here is my complain no need to see this if they are considered as spoiler

so I got reported for spoiling for this reason for the summery of my discussion with the other user here it is obviously marking it spoiler because it is a spoiler

The place it’s the specific chapter discussion for chapter 9

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1052654/comments

a user complain why the MC didn’t win the fight with the prince(fight with prince is on chapter 8-9) when he fight and won the fight with 3 guys in chapter 1-2

I answer cause gun

He said nah he didn’t have gun

So i gave a detailed evidence showing he used a gun on the fight also mentioning the more detailed novel because the actual fight wasn’t shown (in the novel it also wasn’t shown but the end of the fight was more detailed) <this specific comment got modded for spoiling even though previous conversations about past chapters didn’t

If technically what I said isn’t spoiler then I understand that this could be human error I mean I doubt all mods know every single manga, I did mention “next chapter” in the comment so maybe he saw that and because he has not checked the manga said “ok it’s a spoiler cause he is talking about something that happen next chapter” even though if you read the manga you’d know I was talking about chapter 2 I did @ him but considering mods probably has thousands of notifications chances are he won’t be seeing it.

My only concern is who reported it hopefully it’s just some random guy who has not read the manga somehow checked chapter 9 discussion and doesn’t know the meaning of spoiler ends up reporting me even though some comments too mentioned past chapters I guess random person hates me specifically.

Worst case is it’s the guy I had discussion after not being able to back up his claim he aimed to censor me or something hopefully not though he’s probably a nice guy it’s worst case I guess cause if left unchecked I can see more and more user using this method to win an argument they can’t use this on famous manga cause pretty sure the mod is also reading it and only insults work there if you want to get modded but less famous once I can see it being used.

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3
What?
6vt8mOtt.jpg

It looks like the reason your comment got modded (spoiler tagged) was because you mistakenly mentioned previous chapter events as happening "in the next chapter". If someone comments "[X] happens next chapter", even if they meant to say "[X] happened in the previous chapter", it makes sense that other users would see that post and, not knowing what actually happens next chapter, report that post as a spoiler.

Previous chapter events are not spoilers when mentioned in future chapter discussions. You can't expect everyone to see "[X] happens in the next chapter" and think "oh, I've already read the previous chapters, and since this comment actually describes what happens in the previous chapters, OP must've made a mistake while typing the comment."

tl;dr: everyone dies next chapter

Fed-Kun's army
Nope, but if you are to mention the details that are not in the manga itself or partially tell what will happen, better be careful and hide those particular parts in spoiler tags.

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan I mean if you have read the whole conversation that specify events that happened in chapter 1(you’d know it’s chapter 1 if you have read it) then Ideally if every user has at least average IQ and has read the actual manga you’d hopefully understand what next chapter means and not report it but then again context doesn’t matter and that only works in an ideal world I’d keep that fact in mind next time.

Maybe I should report you for that spoiler

By the way next chapter first girl wins

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3
Didn't you also mention something that happened in the light novel though? Even if that point of the story has already passed, I think that could count as spoilers. The reason for you getting spoiler tagged could either be you mistakenly labeling something as a future plot point, the mention of what happened in the novel, or a combination of both.

I don't think there's any reason to, as the Zoomers say, 'throw shade' at anyone who reported you or modded your comment. After all, it's not like you get internet detention after getting too many comments modded.

tl;dr: Spoiler tag everything. That way no one can report you for spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread