Quick search (from search bar) not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sits there for a while telling me it's

Waiting for mangadex.cc...

and then gives up, saying

504 - Gateway Timeout . That’s an error.

We did not receive a timely response from the upstream server. That’s all we know.

It works fine if I substitute ".org" for ".cc" in the resulting URL. Is this a clue??

Do you mean that .cc should redirect to .org? It gives me a 504 if I try to go there.

As for why my search is trying to go there, I have no idea. Under the assumption that I had added it to the search bar while the site was temporarily relocated to .cc (did that happen? I vaguely recall something like that, but I could be wrong), I deleted it, then re-added it. That didn't work. So I deleted it, closed the browser, re-started the browser and re-added it. Still didn't work. Haven't tried re-starting the PC yet, not that I'm expecting that to magically fix it.

There's one thing I haven't tried yet, but I have shopping to do first. Be back later.

Edit: I tried the thing. It didn't work. (It was disabling Classic Theme Restorer, which affects the search box functionality, and then re-adding the search. Well, it was a long shot.)

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
https://mangadex.org is the live domain and has been for over a year, .cc only exists as a redirect after that temporary location.

No reason to ever intentionally use .cc again.

@Sayo_Aisaka

I was wondering if my browser was being retarded, and then remembered I have another browser installed... So I visited the site with Chrome just now and discovered two things. First, Chrome, unlike Firefox, actually lets me view and edit the details of my search engines. Second, and more importantly, the URL it picks up for the Mangadex search goes to... guess where... mangadex.cc. Looks like the problem's on your end after all.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Sayo_Aisaka Again, .cc has not been in use for over a year. If it's saved there, it's because you've used it at one point and Chrome has cached it.

Ugh. Of course, I should have realised that information would be in an easy-to-find place, then I could just have linked that in my first post...

Nevertheless, I told you so. (Now where has the sticky-out-tongue smiley gone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread