Rakudai Kenja no Gakuin Musou - Vol. 2 Ch. 5.1 - Slave Girl

Dex-chan lover
So I am guessing the slave girl in the title shows up in 5.4 or 5.5 or something?

Also, isekai and slave girls again.

Aggregator gang
Is the chapter title a mistake? It is a relief though considering that trope is too overused.

Dex-chan lover
My little brother, who put me in this medical facial brace, just annihilated our entire army. Let me try to strong-arm him....

Usually the slave girl trope is used when the MC is too weak and they get some help by buying a slave girl. But the MC is overpowered, so what gives?

Double-page supporter
Also, isekai and slave girls again.
Can this trend please die? Slavery actually is handled so poorly in most manga that address it that I consider it a mark of poor writing(and/or character). This is especially true when they appeal, "but he's a nice slave owner". Miss me with that garbage.😒

Also, yes, this isn't technically isekai(merely reincarnation), but it feels similar.

Dex-chan lover
@SoloSera
Slavery actually is handled so poorly in most manga that address it that I consider it a mark of poor writing(and/or character).
Here I fixed it for you:
Everything is handled so poorly in most manga that that I consider manga a mark of poor writing.

sigh, another shitfest that just ticks off checkboxes instead of trying to do it's own thing

Dex-chan lover
you know you could prevent him to kill his son by casting that convenient bubble the time you see some suspicious movement. nah, be stupid because some plot demands.

EDIT: just saw the next chapter so half of my statement are invalid. but still him being dumb by not anticipating the worst still stands

Dex-chan lover
@SoloSera
Actually it is isekai, he had one life on earth, second life he became lord of thunder, and we are now in third life.

Fed-Kun's army
@Dezaki Your statement is still fully valid. The fact that he didn't cast the defensive bubble* stands. He made no effort to prevent his brother's death regardless of whether or not his brother ends up dead.

* Which he easily cast at range instantly on those two while simultaneously using a level 10 lightning spell. Not that it wasn't obvious he was going to get attacked walking into that.

Users who are viewing this thread