Rating groups an the quality of their work

Contributor
Rating manga would probably be a terrible idea due to above reasons. But I certainly wouldn't be against chapter tags denoting bad English. Would probably be a lot easier to police than fraudulent scans, and you wouldn't need an extremely in depth understanding of translating to be able to pick apart erratic English spelling and grammar, so the role can be given to people who aren't familiar with scanlating, power users or people with an interest in marking the correct series (of course there comes the possibility of abuse, but it's less likely imo than anyone being able to vote).

This seems like a much better middle ground which can sort of remedy the issues of bad rushed scans, at least from groups unwilling to get proofreaders.

@MellowV2 @Raycu
Bother to read the whole thread before replying, thanks. The idea of ratings has been long since abandoned. It's not good enough in any form we could think of. I should probably open a new thread for the actual idea being discussed (well, I don't think it's being "discussed" anymore either, since we mostly agree that it's decent and it seems it's already being worked on): the posibility to block a group's releases from your follows feed and series page. But then again, oppening a new thread for something that seems to already be in the todo list is pointless in the least. Could a mod close this thread, please?

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@MellowV2 posted:

I wouldn't mind a "MTL" or "bad english" tag though.
The manga tags must only apply to the content of the raw manga itself and not any of the translations, because there's no way to distinguish which translations they would belong to and which not. A manga that happens to only has a single translation (at a particular time) is no exception, the tags must apply in every situation.

At best these kinds of tags would be chapter-specific and we're not really interested in implementing "warning labels" for chapters because, as has been mentioned a million times, we're not the quality police.

Clarification just in case: Staff members are allowed to express their opinions about the quality of chapters or groups, but MangaDex the site will not remove, promote or otherwise prioritize chapters based on quality alone.

Users who are viewing this thread