Re:Marina - Vol. 6 Ch. 49 - The Road to the Future

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I didn't like this ending. I know, it was not a bad ending, but I really expected that she would have stayed in his timeline. Somehow if felt that he "lost" her to another guy, even though this another guy is himself from the future.

Dex-chan lover
So the dude lived with a beautiful woman for over a year, didn't fuck her, and then was in monk mode for 25 years? So he's a 43-year-old virgin?

And he could have been dating her since she was 19! Why'd he wait an extra four years to talk to her? She could have gotten married and had kids with someone else in that timeframe.

And what the hell is the point of an ecchi manga where they actually show naked breasts but no one ever has sex?

Dumb, author, dumb.

FTU

nice! one of the shittiest manga I read 4/10 just because of the art

Dex-chan lover
The comedy was sometimes funny, but other times a bit corny. The cliche "drama" of typical romantic misunderstandings was a bit silly and bland. But overall I kind of enjoyed the Manga.

The thing I don't understand is what happened to the 23 year old version of Marina who went back in time, but then returned to the future? Where and what time did she return to? Did she go back to her original timeline to be with her original husband who is dying? Did he die, or did the change in the past cause him to survive? Or did those become 2 completely separate timelines that are not related to each other?

If the 2 timelines are completely separate, then shouldn't memories not be shared between timelines? The future Marina that didn't time-leap shouldn't be able to have memories of her time traveling version. Or are they all in the same timeline? If they're the same, and she returned to the exact time when she originally left , she should have appeared in the time laboratory (like falling out of a portal in the ceiling) instead of instantaneously remembering her time travel experience when receiving a marriage proposal.

And what was really left out was an explanation as to why he waited until Marina turned 25 to speak with her, instead of meeting at 19 like in the original timeline. Unless he wanted to wait until after he became ill and got the transplant. Another thing that wasn't explained is the time machine, how it worked, and how someone like Marina can simply use it on herself. Also, in the alternate future timeline, Marina learns about a job in a time machine laboratory, when she is 25. But in the original timeline, she used the time machine when she was 23.

Double-page supporter
This was going so well until these last two chapters, and then they ruined it, on top of pulling the bullshit cliched romance manga trope of "and then they never saw each other for X amount of years, until they finally reunited, but we'll only show you them initially meeting again and nothing else beyond that". God I hate it when a manga does that.

Contributor
The ending is kinda rushed, it would probably be different uf given enough chapters, such is the manga industry.

Oh well, it was a ok read.

Dex-chan lover
kek
not bad ending imo but not satisfying too
chapter 48 suck tbh lmao
u don't need to keen on time travel shit, its not important
then all past 47 chapter is just for naught if she just like YOINKED by some future dood

feels like waste of time for me for fully invested in story

I don't know why everyone's mad...
They got fucking married
Sure it would've been nice if it happened earlier but they still got married so...

What was the age of MC when they first met?

Even after changing their destiny, he still approached her when she was in college.

This is why I don't like time travel stories, they always fuck up their own rules.

There are two timelines:
A - Original timeline where the Marina comes from and MC was a loner
B - Timeline created by Marina when she traveled back to the past and changed the future

First of all, how tf does future MC travels to timeline B to get Marina back? He doesn't belong there, Marina does because she created it but that's it.
Second, if love really does transcend space and time, why does young MC doesn't remember her but Marina B does? Bullshit.

I don't like the fact that he waited for her for 20 ish years, he knew that she wasn't gonna remember him and that his Marina was gone, but he did it anyway. Talk about obsession and low self-steam, does he really think so low of himself that he just assumes that nobody will ever love him the way she did??? Fake Misaki-nee and that kouhai dodged a bullet there.

Aggregator gang
Geh, it was better when she was older. The story certainly picked up with an actual blood related older sister, but instantly dropped off just after.

Dex-chan lover
romance, not really, kouhai with no story, egoistic childhood friend ( rejecting at first and inviting to follow her after ), egoistic main heroine ( left the old guy and manipulating the young guy so she can got her first love cured )

ecchi/smut, not really, at most only that fingering scene.

plot, not really, plenty of holes.

i got jebaited.

though to be fair i shouldve expected this kind of ending with that premise..

its not like she will choose to stay with the young mc.

even she did, means she two-timing the old mc and using young mc as substitute.

gah.

Users who are viewing this thread