Reading progress does not update :fixed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading progress doesn't update or increases by random number (2, 0.1, ..)
'Mark read' chapter indication doesn't update

Power Uploader
I'm having a similar problem. Chapters don't get automatically marked as "read" after I read them, though manually clicking on the "mark read" eye icon still works for me.

Dex-chan lover
It does then doesn't. Mine changes every time I go to the follows tab. It is annoying.

There is a desync in the database. We can only wait till they fix it.
https://mangadex.org/thread/397296/1/#post_4321528

Contributor
I've been able to manually toggle it by clicking the eyes next to the chapters on the series page, if that helps.

Dex-chan lover
manually clicking on the "mark read" eye icon still works for me.

There's a feature like that? I thought it was there just to mark where you left off, and that we are supposed to click the plus button manually if we started reading here on MangaDex from later chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@IdanaHamz You can manually mark the chapter as Read by clicking on the eye icon on the left side of it, yes. Also you don't need to click the plus button manually each time you read, adjust the number of the chapters read, then after that, if you read the next chapter, it will automatically add your progress.
Example: You read 12 chapters of this series before following it. Click the edit progress button, enter 12 into the box of chapters. Then next time, when you read chapter 13, the progress will automatically increases by 1 to 13. If you read another chapter 12 released by a different group, or gap chapter 27 or something that another group randomly releases, then the progress won't increase.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Database desync issue. Nothing was lost, you'd just occasionally talk to the wonky DB and go a few hours back in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread