Realist Maou Niyoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
"Can't believe I'm serving this madman" Not a madman, no. Worse than a madman, a realist.

Istg imma draw my own manga and the otherworldly weapon is gonna be the most versatile weapon in history a poleaxe, not a bitch ass katana

Dex-chan lover
early in this chapter: ok
in the middle of this chapter: he is quite heartless
near end of the chapter: awh he is still human ;-; golem kun... skele kun... may u all rest in peace...

Double-page supporter
Bitchy whiners in these comments: NOT A JAPANESE SWORD IN MY JAPANESE MANGA! How could this be?! Why not a Western weapon that never existed in Japan!

Double-page supporter
So we can have western firearms in japanese isekai manga but not western medieval weapons.
Seems legit.

Dex-chan lover
@Kayriel
I know right.
Basically:
Katana exists in Isekai story before even revealing it's place in the plot:
"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOT A JAPANESE CULTURAL ICON IN MY JAPANESE MEDIA! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Dex-chan lover
Alright complainers, here is the gem you've been waiting for. This manga rocks!

Oh hey, a katana...

I did not expect him to use a great axe or hammer, but I would have liked a spear. I wonder if Dragon Quest's sword-wielding heroes has become the definition of a MC for a lot of these creators. If it's not a katana/sword then they tend to go the agility route with daggers or bow. It just seems there is not a lot of weapon variety in manga.

@Rheeve @Kayriel Katana in a japanese manga isn't what pisses me off. It's shit eating idolatric nonsense that reads like the first entry in this list:

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Katanas_are_Underpowered_in_d20

It's like identifying a Mary Sue; there's no one "tell" that is a guarantor, only a series of points that in combination confer that status. Likewise, series earn good or bad status through a series of notable developments. The fanwanking of GRORIOUS NIPPON STEEL is a bad notable development.

Users who are viewing this thread