Realist Maou ni Yoru Seiiki Naki Isekai Kaikaku - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Fed-Kun's army
Hijakata Toshizou???
Fck you author.....Fck you.
Pros for Shinsengumi stuff and for male character. But an actual historical figure in a isekai? Again?????
Fck you author....

esp

Surprisingly reckless for the guy that was shitting on keeping an anti-demon lord sword when he plans on killing demon lords.

Dex-chan lover
@EtanRed

The sword was literally described as somehow arriving in that world.
And the summoning was for the owner of that sword.

And then of course, having a known character means you don't have to create a backstory .
And they also need one famous character that's known for being skilled and willing to follow the demon lord for various reasons in this new world, meaning most samurais that were extremely clan-loyal or samurai lords were ineligible.

And as for it not being a western sword with a western swordsman... honestly, very few famous western swords are publicly known to be in great condition today, and if they are, they're in some collection. And there just wasn't as many famous european warriors whose weapons achieved similar fame due to their quality or deeds achieved with it.

Dex-chan lover
@Robbini The quality of sword arts in the west were pretty high. I don't know if many swordsmen in the west put as much care into what weapon they used and we had plenty of weapon used specifically for breaking an enemies sword or weapons, so you may not be able to get too attached to your weapon. I don't think such weapons existed in Japan at any point.

Reincarnation ? I'm convinced, I drew out my sword, and you didn't flinch, and a girl is gonna stab me from behind, that must mean you are worthy ....
The lazy writing is just beautifull.

Dex-chan lover
. . .he has the demon vice commander if that ain't a cheat I don't know what is

Aggregator gang
IT'S THE DEMON VICE COMMANDER!!!!!!!

P.S.
Does he also likes mayonnaise?

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax My thoughts exactly. The reason why katanas were good weapons in Japan was because the Japanese Isles never figured out how to use flails or maces or other weapons which can crush swords, nor how to make protective chainmail. These weapons, along with the extremely heavy swords, would have made the lightweight katanas obsolete. Europe had the superior weapons at the time no question about it

@GrimThoughts
It wasn't so much that they didn't figure those weapons out, it's that their iron was so shit and so sparse that there's no way they could have afforded to make them in any significant number. Considering the restrictions they were under the Japanese metalworking of the time was quite good, but there's a reason that bows and spears were the main weapons of battle. You don't need a lot of metal to make either of them and they'll kill you just as dead as a flimsy sword but aren't as flimsy. Same general reasoning with the armor, they used small plates suspended in non-metal material because trying to work shit iron into chainmail would have been impossible.
They'd have gotten absolutely stomped by Euros, no doubt, but not for lack of effort or skill.

Fed-Kun's army
@Robbini I have nothing against the sword. I was actually surprised with the subversion of using the sword as summon material rather than use it for himself. A lot of Isekai go for "the spectacular katana" for the MC.
But come on, an historical figure? Is just barely more original than the use of katanas...
You have the chance to build an original character. Even better, an historical ambiented character. Use the same motivation, it could even be based in the story of Hijakata Toshizou, and the writing would feel fresh. But no, is a ripped from time and death historical figure, putted in a fantasy setting, in a supposedly serious sittuation.
Is soo....cringe.
And even worse, is still cliche. Not to Isekai per se, but to fantasy and sci fi. Some did it good, and some bad. But is still a sign of a bad fanfic (but yeah, i guess is stupid to expect something better than a fanfic from Isekai)
Is like Dante writing the Divine Comedy and putting all the Greek heroes of the clasics in hell and all the roman figures of history in heaven. Or that manga where a fantasy prince is given the RPG job of Oda fkng Nobunaga...

But yeah, nothing against the use of the katanas here. I just espected more of the choosing of character. But....if it is a theme (Fate style? xD), i guess it would be more interesting. It would look more like something planed and less like a wish fullfilment for the author.

PD: And we have enough Hijakatas in manga already.... Gintama, Golden Kamuy, etc...is like Oda Nobunaga, is fkcng everywhere.

Gintama has tainted my views on the shinsengumi... can't see hijikata as anything but a majo lover now..

Thank goodness he didn't start spouting about "realist" this and that in this chapter.

The second he got summoned I thought it was Jotaro before I've seen the good o'l Japanese katana.

Dex-chan lover
Of course it's the fucking Hijikata Toshizou... It was either him, Oda Nobunaga, or random japanese high-school kid.

Only those are allowed in mangas and animes.

Users who are viewing this thread