Recently uploaded chapter not showing up :fixed:

Group Leader
-RESOLVED-

Original Post:
Hey guys, I was uploading the 6th chapter for "Opposites in Disguise" and it didn't show up afterwards (I waited for half an hour because it might've needed sometime to process or something). I've refrained from reuploading the 2nd time to prevent redundant uploads but I just wanna know if something similar has happened to you lads? Just wondering on what went down with it since it's a first for me.

Additional info:
The chapter was a 96.6MB ZIP file, so my current thinking is that it probably got routed to the mods for verification since it almost hit the 100MB limit.

Thanks my dudes!

UPDATE #1:
So I decided to investigate some more on my files and I think that it's really just the filesize preventing it from being uploaded (The .ZIP is 97MB but the raw files before archiving it is around 120MB) -- I'll update as I go.

UPDATE #2:
Alright, so I've managed to trim down the filesize of the actual images to 95MB (.ZIP at 82MB) but trying to upload it still gives me an error so I'll try trimming it down some more?

UPDATE #3:
I've trimmed it to 80MB (.ZIP at 71MB) but, again, uploading it gives me a "Something went wrong!". I'm out of ideas so any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE #4 (Resolution):
I asked a buddy of mine to upload it for me because I had a feeling that my ISP was messing up the uploading and it worked, so this is now resolved! :D

Group Leader
@Yatsuki Heya, yeah, I had to ask out a buddy of mine to upload it for me -- It seems that this is an ISP problem for me than the file itself. Thanks!

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Pencilnote How long was the upload taking before failing? It sounds like it was timing out.

Group Leader
@BraveDude8 I'd say around 2-3 minutes for every upload trial that I did. Yeah, when I checked out threads over here with similar issues, that was mentioned as well.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Pencilnote I've set you as a group leader, next time you upload a chapter look for the "file URL upload" section on the upload page and use that if you have any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread