Recommendations for manga involving exploring ancient ruins/lost cities?

I’ve always found stories revolving around these themes to be so mystical and interesting. Feel free to skip more popular titles that fit the bill like Made in Abyss/Dungeon Meshi.

Dex-chan lover
if it is more like "going in to the dungeon once then stay there to explore the site"
and not "going in and out isekai/fantasy adventurer style"
maybe Solte?

Tower Dungeon looks promising, but it is still too early to tell

I think Alchemy Survival is similar to Dungeon Meshi, but more about creating tools rather than cooking,
setting is in deserted island rather than in a dugeon
short but fun
kind of rushed at the end, like it is being axed, but I like it

usuzumi gives girl's last tour vibes, but I'm afraid it might get stale after a while if nothing happens

I think the rest is either the popular side or more on the Shonen side (lots of fighting)

oh right, there is also Master Keaton

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
if it is more like "going in to the dungeon once then stay there to explore the site"
maybe Solte?
Solte is good. No dungeon delving, but a lot of messed-up timeline and dimensional weirdness so far, courtesy of Mizukami. Might fit the "mystical exploration" bill for you.

Hyakumanjou Labyrinth. Two women exploring an empty, digital world using real life speedrunning/glitch-hunting tactics.

Vertical World. Sketchy art style, but very ambitious setting in a vertical, endless dimension that stretches out in both time and space. Not a peaceful exploration series (think more Blame than Girl's Last Tour). Features a lot of crazy dimensional physics and dimensions within dimensions within dimensions.

Last edited:
maybe Solte?

Tower Dungeon looks promising, but it is still too early to tell

I think Alchemy Survival is similar to Dungeon Meshi, but more about creating tools rather than cooking,
setting is in deserted island rather than in a dugeon
short but fun
kind of rushed at the end, like it is being axed, but I like it

usuzumi gives girl's last tour vibes, but I'm afraid it might get stale after a while if nothing happens

I think the rest is either the popular side or more on the Shonen side (lots of fighting)

oh right, there is also Master Keaton
Hey thanks for these! I’ll check them out. I’ve been really enjoying tower dungeon so far.

Solte is good. No dungeon delving, but a lot of messed-up timeline and dimensional weirdness so far, courtesy of Mizukami. Might fit the "mystical exploration" bill for you.

Hyakumanjou Labyrinth. Two women exploring an empty, digital world using real life speedrunning/glitch-hunting tactics.

Vertical World. Sketchy art style, but very ambitious setting in a vertical, endless dimension that stretches out in both time and space. Not a peaceful exploration series (think more Blame than Girl's Last Tour). Features a lot of crazy dimensional physics and dimensions within dimensions within dimensions.
Thanks! Really liked blame so I’m looking forward to vertical world.

Dex-chan lover
I think it is still inline with generic "dungeon" environmental setting
there are stairs to descent, running through brick hallway, etc.

oh, I remember that
I thought "exploring" here is more to the "adventuring"
when I read Hyakuman, I felt more interested about the mystery and the world building,
similar to Tengoku Daimakyou

if it's more about "mystical exploration", then it reminds me of Neko ga Nishi and Sanzennenme

Group Leader
Beast king & Medicinal herb kinda fit the bill dince the story revolve around the ecology of a dungeon and exploring it, rn we only explored one dungeon but soon we'll enter the next dungeon arc

Dex-chan lover
I’ve always found stories revolving around these themes to be so mystical and interesting. Feel free to skip more popular titles that fit the bill like Made in Abyss/Dungeon Meshi.
Huck sky pirate it's only one chapter but I'm sure it will be lot of exploring with the theme of flying island.

And Quality assurance is interesting but it's doesn't available here. Try other site

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Beast king & Medicinal herb kinda fit the bill dince the story revolve around the ecology of a dungeon and exploring it, rn we only explored one dungeon but soon we'll enter the next dungeon arc
I don't know if I can call Beast King an exploring dungeon story
the medical aspect is interesting, which I like and I find it more believable than the other isekai vet/doctor
but it is still more the "adventurer" style battle shonen from what it looks like from the last translated chapter
(with that "we need to kill him" and such)

another example of exploring ecology that I remember is Heterogenia Linguistico

Users who are viewing this thread