Record of Ragnarok - Ch. 88 - The Primordial Gods

Dex-chan lover
I heckin love sword fights!11! Author is getting lazy; I think his creativity lost its spark after Jack the ripper

Dex-chan lover
I heckin love sword fights!11! Author is getting lazy; I think his creativity lost its spark after Jack the ripper
Author uses up all his creativity ever 4 chapters.
4- Jack v Herc
8- Tesla v Beel
12- Loki vs Nostra???

Be hype for HIMSTRADAMUS.

Dex-chan lover
Hm, so there were several primordial gods in this universe, born from and later returned to "chaos"...and Odin seeks their resurrection, even if it may result in the death of all the gods and humanity, and the very world itself, him included? Just what is he planning....?

Oh, and the sword fight was cool, Okita really emits that savage energy, being capable of overwhelming the master of all swordstyles.

Dex-chan lover
I think he'll probably fight Rasputin, the god of death vs the man who would not die
Qin vs Hades was basically the same, so I don't think this fight will happen.
Simo was a dog breeder, so maybe fighting Anubis would be a better fit. As goofy Anubis is portrayed, I wouldn't be surprised if the fight starts with the two playing like a dog and its owner before things get serious. Would also add some drama to the fight between the two. Simo, who loves dogs, now has to kill one, and Anubis, who is not taken seriously by everyone, has to kill the only one who has ever treated him really nicely.

It's pretty sad that the main battle feels like a distraction from the wider plot. It's just such an uninteresting concept
This. Shaman King had the same problem. Writing a whole series around a tournament and then focusing on another subplot is very unpleasant. Humans vs Gods is much more interesting than the primordial gods.

Dex-chan lover
Asking

to the Buddha of all people...

I thought he was the Lord of Flies, not the Lord of Stupid.

In Beel's defense, his machinations tore a soul away from attaining the happiness and freedom that Buddha was trying to grant.
Buddha has all reasons to despise Beel for his actions, but Beel still needed someone to break his preconceived notion that someone can be actually irredeemable*.

*except Hajun

Users who are viewing this thread