Reincarnation no Kaben - Vol. 9 Ch. 44 - Black Centipede

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for this !
I really hope that this series will be picked up soon.
It's such a great story

Ok, can someone give me a refresher on Goemon skills? I remember he can steal talents, but what were the rules behind it? Did he occupy his 2 arms slots with the Inmortality and Vlad's spikes? Am I remembering that right?

This series seriously need more exposition to explain many things, the world building potential is really great and the casts are interesting, but as the series goes on, somehow the casts' brilliance seemed to be dimmer.
Let's take the example of Haito and Touya. They had been together since the start and even though they were clearly so focused in their goal to the extent of capable of injuring each other to prove one's point, they were shown to care for each other, not in sense of romantic love or something, but true camaraderie.
However, somehow, Touya suddenly become so uncaring that his reaction to Haito's current situation looks so...weak (At first I thought he was faking it for one reason or another, but even though he sees Haito's current condition, he seemed to...um, what's the word...ah, yes, cold. I mean, what the heck, man, how could you be so cold to her like that? At least you should've lose your cool for a moment.
He even does nothing when Haito almost died (I seriously thought he would move at that moment).
...I have many more things to say, but that would become a rant so I end it with this: if Touya still didn't make himself clear by this volume, I will drop this. These two characters are very interesting to me, they're the significant reason why I keep reading even though all good people died left and right. These two walk on a path that very likely would end in regret; Haito with her greed for power, and Touya apathetic mindset (I feel strongly that he could pull the trigger if he is presented with a choice to kill Haito to solve the whole problem).

...I get sidetracked, though, I think it's fine since this is my honest thoughts.

P.S: I would love to get more explanation on the branches and reincarnations, also more international side. There's so much potential in this series, I hope this wouldn't become a Shounen-esque things.

I am not a native english speaker, actually english is my third language so I'm sorry if this is confusing.

@Malikoman he just have to touch the person's body to steal talents, I don't think it has any limit to how many it can steal. The reason he is hesitating is probably because its 'stealing' after all, just like with vlad, if he steals her talent, she loses it, he doesn't want to do that to a comrade/friend. With this point, his brother's talent is probably stronger around allies because he learns not take.

He also has to refine the abilities he steals. When he steals them they're unpolished very much like how Desmond from Infamous Second Son can steal/obtain other conduits powers he cannot use them at the same power level the previous owner did and requires the usage of power cores in order to level up said abilities.

So going that logic he still needs to train with them and understand the abilities in order to properly utilize them at the same level as a previous reincarnation-peeps. The immortal guy ability he got from the soldier dude doesn't instant heal but requires 3 seconds before all his wounds are healed. So here he also needs to practice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread