Renge to Naruto! - Ch. 10 - Chili Shrimp!

Dex-chan lover
I'm really not. What I am doing is uneasy with the mangaka depicting a surgeon as a drunk. Yes, there are alcoholic doctors. But there aren't many professions with their own version of Alcoholics Anonymous because of the professional standards to which doctors are held, unlike the vast and overwhelming majority of other professions (a particular exception would be lawyers, who also have their own version of AA). Society has expectations for surgeons (and other doctors) that they don't for most other professions because lives are literally in their hands.

I get that this is a comedy manga, and I like this manga. But this is one detail I'm uneasy with in no small part because of my connection to this profession.
most of the doctors are just good at masking their madness while in front of their patient or other people they aren't very close with. And surgeons in particular are well known among the medical field for being messy and less refined in their appearance compared to other doctors.

Supporter
most of the doctors are just good at masking their madness while in front of their patient or other people they aren't very close with. And surgeons in particular are well known among the medical field for being messy and less refined in their appearance compared to other doctors.
Having spent the amount of time around physicians that I have, I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke or not.

Dex-chan lover
Jesus Christ, first you choose my food for me, then sit next to me while reeking of booze and eat it all by yourself without giving me a single bite AND YOU'RE RANDOMLY FLASHING ME? AH HELL NAH I'M HAVING A TALK WITH THE OWNER AT THAT POINT. IT'S EITHER MINE OR YOUR LAST TIME IN THE RESTAURANT

Fed-Kun's army
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if he ends up with the surgeon instead LOL

Users who are viewing this thread