Reo to Mabu ~Futari wa Sarazanmai~

Contributor
Omg YES. FINALLY! I've been wondering if anyone would ever pick this up, and I'm glad you guys did before the anime started!

Hi guys, thanks for the comments! As an Ikuhara fan I knew if I couldn't read Japanese I'd be in the position of really wanting there to be a scanlation and I wanted to share this cute manga and all of Reo and Mabu's domestic moments with the whole English fandom, so I took it into my own hands and organised a scanlation! We're hoping to get the full thing out before the first episode airs.

@Lohengrin, the anime is an original story. This manga is a spinoff prequel to the anime, though probably not essential to understanding the main story (but still very cute and fun to read!).

I know this is marked as Shounen Ai, but how descriptive does it get in scenes? Is it just more about raising the baby or is there actual romantic development?

@Divercia007, its mainly a slice of life manga about these two cops raising a baby. Reo and Mabu are implied to have been together for quite a few years, there isn't really that much romantic development per see since they're already an established couple. There's no make out scenes or anything like that but there are various moments showing how affectionate they are for eachother. I think they're probably saving physically intimate stuff like kissing for the anime.

Just caught up to chapter 9! Reo to Mabu is a manga in association with the more plot heavy anime Sarazanmai that is about to come out very soon. Here we have an insight into two of the characters from the show, Reo and Mabu. They are two policemen who work at an police box in a city. This manga focuses on them living their lives... and raising a child that they found on a plate!? This manga’s plot is pretty nonsensical, but not in a confusing way. Just random life events and plate related events. If you want to read something cute, I would recommend it! I definitely enjoyed the interactions between Reo and Mabu.

For those who are going to watch Sarazanmai: I suspect there are some themes and plot points that will appear later in the show that get hinted in here, so I don’t think that this is entirely plotless.

So we just put out the final chapter of the manga, we'd like to thank everyone for your support! The anime starts today (April 11th) and will stream internationally on Crunchyroll (or Anime on Demand and Wakanim for German/French speaking Europe), please go check it out!

Contributor
I feel like there is going to be a sizable gap between the people who watched the first episode before coming here, and the people who read this before watching the anime

I've seen people wondering who those two are and how they have mysterious and maybe bad intentions. Meanwhile, I'm thinking "wtf, dorks. When did you guys become mysterious and have extraction super powers."

Fed-Kun's army
well I'm one of those who found this after the episode (was looking at Ikuhara's other manga). now I'll be sad if the dads end up evil 😅

Power Uploader
Thanks for translating this! It was freaking adorable.

…Although, yes, having watched the anime first I wonder how we got from "dorky gay dads" to "supernatural gay villains". It adds a layer of intrigue if anything.

Reading this before the anime was such a good choice, it adds a layer of backstory that makes Reo and Mabu more tragic than i think a person who watches without reading this manga misses. From recent episodes im even more curious now! The manga was so heartwarming and pure, but the Reo and Mabu of the anime - how'd it end up this way??? Of course I love the main trio, but I cant help but cross fingers for Reo and Mabu to show up every time !

Contributor
I reread this occassionally in order to feel happy again after a particularly tragic episode, but god damn, it is like whiplash every time. If this isn't some kind of alternate timeline prequel sequel, they better explain how this happened in the... one episode they have, since the episode 10 PV doesn't seem like that would be in the episode

Gosh after ep10 i have to come back and reread this... :(((((( Please check out the anime too to everyone reading!

Dex-chan lover
i HATE the anime , so it is time to sh!t on the manga as well .

h0m0 cops ? what can you come up with next , japan ?

i bet when the 2 cops capture a handsome man , they will strip-search his body , search his holes for drugs , and then assault him with their "police batons" , lol .

for a better manga with better a$$ jokes , check this out : https://nikkangecchan.jp/comics/04R1 .

for a better manga with better police , check this out : https://mangadex.org/title/19573/kyupiko-fujimatsu-tenshi-no-mismanagement .

x31.png

Users who are viewing this thread