Replica Datte, Koi wo suru. - Ch. 10 - A Tense Conversation

Supporter
I’m convinced this is really a manga about multiple/split personalities disorder rather than a sifi futuristic world where you can create duplicates of yourself.
At least a metaphor for such. Not sure how you'd have a group call with 4 people unless the group call itself is also a hallucination of some sort. But I don't think it's meant to be a sci-fi either, though I could see it being a kind of fantasy/thought-experiment. A sort of "what if split personalities were manifested in the real world?"

Dex-chan lover
At least a metaphor for such. Not sure how you'd have a group call with 4 people unless the group call itself is also a hallucination of some sort. But I don't think it's meant to be a sci-fi either, though I could see it being a kind of fantasy/thought-experiment. A sort of "what if split personalities were manifested in the real world?"

I take the mobile thing to be just a metaphor of them realising they share something and talking about it. After all, their real selves just sleep all day and their families don’t seem to pay attention. I know Japanese families are at large dysfunctional. But you would have to be completely oblivious not to notice extra people turning up.

Supporter
After all, their real selves just sleep all day and their families don’t seem to pay attention. I know Japanese families are at large dysfunctional. But you would have to be completely oblivious not to notice extra people turning up.
Well, given that their replicas leave the bedroom, have breakfast, go to school, etc. there's no reason for the parents to be aware of it if both parents are at work. Unless they happened to be home during school hours, and they happened to go into the kid's bedroom, they might never know. I expect most parents wouldn't know anything was wrong unless the school contacted them about absences.

Users who are viewing this thread